Monday, July 31, 2006

I Broke A Boob!

Yup, I think I passed. (doing a little booty shaking dance around the room.) It was hard and long. I wish I had spent more time studying infant cranial anatomy as well as vitamin absorption. It's all water under the bridge. I left feeling positive. That's all that counts.

I will have to wait until October 13th to find out if I passed. Before you all get your collective panties in a bunch, an explanation is in order. Yes, in this age of computers, it was a paper and pencil exam. But it is an international exam. That means that today, 2500 candidates from all over the world were taking the exam as well. In some of the countries there are not the computer testing facilities that we take for granted in the U.S. In order to create a level playing field we all take the same exam on the same day.

All that means is that I have to put it away. At this point I am more pleased with myself for having set and accomplished a long term personal goal that did not involve being a parent then whether or not I passed. (Another little dance with boobie shaking this time.)

Summer for my family starts tomorrow at 9am. I am thanking my kids for their patience and support by taking them to a splash park. I'd rather eat dirt then go to a splash park but I am going to suck it up for them. I probably won't even notice the noise, crowds and germs. I will still be walking tall and proud. (hopping up and down with glee....oops...don't want to spill my wine!)

P.S. Now that I can read for pleasure again, can any of you recommend a good read? No, not your blog! (I will be catching up on my blog reading.) A book. I love Dorothy Dunnett and good non-fiction history.

20 comments:

Bluepaintred said...

boob shake boob shake boooooob SHAKE


wooohooo girl. I always fount thru highschool and colage that when I felt I had done good on a test, I had done good!

i cant wait till october to find out your marks, now get ye off to the pool!

meno said...

Excellent news. I remember that rush of relief that came with walking out of a test.
::Shakes own boobs in solidarity::

Have fun at the water park, and DO NOT think about what percent of the water is really pee.

Unknown said...

Congrats. I went to the nursing store today. Outside the store there is a room where everyone was taking their test. I thought of you and smiled.

I am glad you did well.

Anonymous said...

I can recommend The Calligrapher by Docx (a summer read but with a twist - the book club either loved it AFTER they finished it or didn't finish it - I recommend that you finish) or an oldie - Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis - heftier in content but not in size. We can discuss over turkey in November????

Cheryl said...

Congrats. There is nothing quite like getting a major exam over with...especially if you feel good about how you did. Keep us posted. Go to the special rock you played on when you were a kid and stand on it for me and do your dance!

Andreia Huff said...

Yeah! Yippee! So happy you are done with that girl!

Pollyanna said...

OH MAN! Isn't that the best feeling? to know that you are DONE and there is nothing else that you can do to prepare. The die have been cast. I am sure you kicked booty, or booby, whichever the case may be. :)
Have a great rest of the summer with your kiddos.

but Momma said...

Good News! I'm glad you gave an explanation, because when you said October, my panties immeadiately got in a bunch.

I just read The Grave of God's Daughter by Brett Ellen Block, it was a quick read but kinda sad. I'm not a fan of sad.

Secret Mommy said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! What an accomplishment!

As far as history. One of my very fave authors (who happens to be from my Portland) has written a couple of truly remarkable Historical Fiction novels. (altho one has a bit of a fantastical twist...)

Her name is Molly Gloss and her books are The Jump Off Creek and the other is Wild Life. You can order them from Powells.com if they aren't available where you are. I love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. I'd even mail you mine, but I loaned them to someone else! :-) (PS - Wild life is the better of the two, I think...)

Anonymous said...

OCTOBER?!? Oops, panties unbunching now. Actually, when everyone got all excited about an agent wanting to take a look at my book I got the same feeling. These things take time, people! I'm sure you feel a great relief. I'm very proud of you.
:-)

Wes said...

Congratulations. Sounds like the boob is well and truly broken. All the best with the ACE result your likely to get.

Kelly Wolfe said...

So nice to have that behind you. I am sure you will do great.

It must be a huge relief to be done. Treat yuorself to something relaxing.

Lisa

Mom101 said...

Shaking boob in solidarity.

And lady? You don't have email posted so I'll say it here - perfect post? Holy hell, thank you so much. I totally forgot to award one this month, logged onto petroville and...

well, thanks. Truly. Especially for such a personal post it means a lot.

Email me? mom101 [at] mac

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! I'll dance with ya! I'm sure you aced the test!!

Musings of a Housewife said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I missed this. I don't think my bloglines is updating me with your new blog entries. Strange. Enjoy your wine. And the day at the splash park, ugh!!

Babaloo said...

Yay! Shake it, shake it. I'm sure you did excellent. Hope you have a great summer (that started now)and what a cool mom you are!

Kara said...

Congrats on your test! But DaMN, that's a long wait til you get the results...i'd lose it.

Meg said...

Oh, how about "The Sisters: The Saga of the Mitford Family" - it's a very good biography...

Bonnie B said...

COngrats! Shake-shake-shake-shake your boooob

Angel Baby said...

I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

HURRRAY!!!