
I did not offically sign up for the Tour of Homes, but I thought it would be fun to share some pictures. As you can see from the pics, I did not clean for my guests.
My 1927 Colonial. Yes, mine. As in, this is my retirement fund if I can just keep the damn thing from falling down around my ears without declaring bankruptcy.
The lving room looking into the sunporch. Notice the two full laundry baskets and heap of clean towels in the chair. My 4 year old has decided that she doesn't like folding laundry after all. Bummer.
The Dining room. Most oft heard phase in this room after "God Bless this Food" is "Do I have to eat this?".
My kitchen. I love my kitchen. I love my new blue floor. Notice the books on Human Lactation on the table and counter.
The 4 year olds room. She made her bed this morning. Making the bed meant throwing everything that was on the bed onto the floor.
This pit is my son's room. That is his prone body on the bed. No, he is not dead...yet. If he continues to torment his baby sister just to hear her scream he will not live to see the end of this day.
The one and only full bath. Shared by 5 people. Two of whom are teenage girls. Don't you love the 1970s era funcky foil wallpaper? No, I did not pick it, it came with the house. Along with the wall to wall lime green carpeting in every room but the kitchen. That didn't last long.
My boudoir. I love the blue on the walls. Notice the books. Piles and piles of books. Most of which I have read so many times that I have memorized the text.
My two older daughter's room. Hands down the cleanest room in the house. And there's the 11 year old. She tried to get herself into every shot but I was too fast for her on some of them.
Hope you enjoyed your tour. If you are ever anywhere near Portland do drop on by. I will fix you a fine meal. Now, back to the books.....
(Can you guess my favorite color?)
Friday, July 28, 2006
My Study Break for Today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
UUUUUHHHHHHH...blue? It is definately one of my favorites too. I haven't gotten into the home pics because our 19 year old daughter is moving piece by piece of stuff out to an apartment...and I do mean piece by piece.
Love it! What a great house.
Cute house, and remarkably clean with 5 people living there. Do you have a bathroom schedule?
We too have permanently colored bathroom sink, bathtub and toilet. You would like it because it's - you guessed it BLUE! But we're tired of it because we're trapped to only decorate around that particular shade.
OOOH! I DO want to come visit! Love you're house! I'm so killing my 2 year old. He took my memory stick and I can't take any pictures. But after this, I'm going to go look for it again. I want you to see mine! My exterior is maroon too! Another erie "in common".
you freaking slay me, my comment was going to be about how not to stalk your daughter, but you full out admit that you do... sigh. what am I going to do for you? sunday night, i will have something for you on my blog.... not to late cus you will need your sleep. hopeing to get it up for sunday afternoon. might give the auto blogging a try :o)
xo tall one
dude, also im in LOVE with the window in the bathroom
I love the blue floor in the kitchen very nice and I do like the wall paper in the bathroom.
Nice tour.
Hannah and I just painted her room SKY BLUE. You would (obviously) love it!! I love your house. And that wallpaper is so freaking funky - it's great! Our bathrooms and kitchen had 80's era wallpaper (UGH)... until I painted over it. (Yes, painted.)
I'm going to have to copy you and do a tour of my place... there will probably be a cat in every picture, and maybe a camera-hogging 11-year old as well, lol...
That is an absolutely adorable house-- when you decide to retire-- CALL ME I love old houses-- of course, I'll probably be nearing retirement too and will be selling my house so I can be a condo hopper.
I Heart your house too! Your wood floors are GREAT! LoVE EM. And it really is very very clean for 5 people living there. You're awesome!
Your house is adorable! Still, I don't know how you survivie with just one full bathroom. I'm surprized there was no one in it when you tried to get a picture!
It would be worth trying to survive with only one bathroom for a house as beautiful as that one! I love, love, love it!
Just love old houses, but I'm too terrified of ghosts to ever live in one myself...silly, I know.
Thanks for the tour!
Post a Comment