Frozen custard was not a part of my New England upbringing. It wasn't until I lived in Milwaukee for a few years in the early 90's that the delights of this frozen ambrosia came to my attention. Once hooked, we kept a copy of Kopps monthly schedule of the "Flavor of the Day" posted on the refrigerator.
Several years ago a frozen custard establishment opened in a nearby town. We happened to be driving by today on the way home from doing some errands. As the errands had come off with a minimum of blood letting and fuss, I decided to treat my troops to their first taste of frozen custard.
I am now my childrens hero. Long Live The Momma! I am "The Best"! Oh, the simple joy of a cone of frozen custard when you are a kid.
Of course, a quart of the Butter Pecan had to come home with me...for me. Butter Pecan is a much too sophisticated taste for children.
Due to the fact that I am in the midst of Hell Week and am studying around the clock for my exam on Monday I will not be visiting many blogs this week. I know that you will miss my witty and insightful comments. I will miss you more.
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Frozen Custard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Does this mean that Graeter's has lost its place of promenience???? Should I switch from raspberry chip to butter pecan?? Christmas is coming and enquiring minds want to know.
Dearest Linda, I will curl up in a ball and die if you don't send me Graeters. And it must be Raspberry chocolate chip. It's in a whole different realm of divine. And I worship at your feet each year for the gift.
dood I have all the faith in the world that you will pass with freaking colors, study hard!
Frozen custard. That would sure taste good right about now.
Good luck on your exam.
We just got a frozen custard place about a year ago. Very tasty.
I pray you do well on your exams!
What in the heck is frozen custard? It is like frozen yogurt?
you'll get some serious booty on your tests, not to worry.
Custard?
Must be a Yankee thang. :)
Do ya'll get Bluebell Ice cream?
I'm sending you good vibes.
Osmosis vibes.
4 grade point average vibes.
Yes, we'll miss you! I'm sure you're gonna kick Leech-sucking-ass on your exams!!!!!!
Frozen custard would be sooo good right now! Oh, and Butter Pecan! Yummy!
Frozen custard-- why do you tease me in this boiler room of heat? What is with this summer?
Onetallmomma-- I will miss you this week. I have been busy too so I can relate. It's 1:34 a.m. and I am taking a short break from an all nighter. I have two articles and a Spanish paper due tomorrow-- plus I have a Spanish exam (though all of this sounds worse than it really is). So you won't be seeing me as much for a while either-- darnit! But I will try as you are a delight to read.
Good luck on the exam.
hmm... custard. I like little bits of fruit in mine.
many warm hugs are going your way, tall mama. I too am finishing up a course, but nothing as stressful as you. You are going to do well and spend the rest of your life staring at bleeding NIPPLES.
hurray for Bleeding NIPPLES.
Every time we go to St. Louis to visit my wife's family we HAVE to stop at Ted Drewes for a frozen custard. It's not optional.
Mmmm - butter pecan.
Good luck with hell week!! Paul is taking his last final tomorrow, and then he gets the next five weeks off - to cook and do laundry :-)
Never lived near any custard stands...but have had it while on vacation. Good stuff!
Good luck on the finals!
Post a Comment