Thursday, July 06, 2006

Assorted Bits and Pieces

Four ways to chuckle a sad 4 year old with just a scarf:

  • Tie scarf under chin and then pretend that you can't hear her whining.
  • Throw scarf over your shoulders and pretend you are a superhero.
  • Lay scarf over head and pretend you are the Queen and she is the princess.
  • Use scarf as a whip and pretend she is your slave.

Three reasons why I cleaned my bathroom today:

  • It was so foul I considered using a neighbors.
  • The toothpaste tube was stuck to the bathroom counter.
  • Closing my eyes while I peed was not working for me anymore.

Two ways to cheer up sad kids whose best oldest sister has just left on a 9 day trip:

  • Let them eat lunch in front of the TV
  • Take them to the candy store.

One way to cheer up sad momma who is already missing her oldest child:

  • Take a nap.
(Afterthought: When I say "my" bathroom I do not mean my private master bath but the only full bath in the house which is used constantly by 5 people including an 8 year old boy who, though he can nail his sister in the forehead at 20 paces with a ball, is unable to pee without hitting everything in the nearby vicinity which is why I often find myself sitting on the toliet bellowing "SON, YOUR MOM HAS YOUR PEE ON HER BUTT...AGAIN...AND I AM NOT A HAPPY WOMAN.")

13 comments:

Kelly Wolfe said...

Hey those were good for a laugh, but some damn good ideas too. Am getting uncreative as summer wears on. Nice to be inspired again.

Thanks, Lisa

Meg said...

Oh, here's a hug for you!

And by the way, I'm pretty sure it's never a good idea to pee with your eyes closed, except in emergencies. But then, I can't think of any examples of such an emergency, so I'll just stick with "PEE WITH YOUR EYES OPEN" as a general rule.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

So sad. We send our daughter to TX every spring for about 10 days to spend time with her best friend who used to live next door - so I know how you feel. We HAVE to have a nightly phone call before she goes to bed.

Anonymous said...

My oldest leaves sunday for NYC. He'll be gone a month. I know how you feel. So glad they are finally venturing worth in the world... and so full of desire to nail their bedroom door shut with them inside, so they don't go out there and either (a) do something stupid, or (b) get hurt or (c) combination of (a) and (b).
Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I just retrieved my Girlie from only a three day separation. You would think that she'd been hitchhiking around the world or something the way I fawned over her when I saw her. I know how you feel.

About the boy and the pee, can't relate so much and I have to say, I'm glad. Yuck.

Bluepaintred said...

actually, know what works for me. i have a hubster and three boys, altho one of the boys is in diapers. i never ever let them pee in an upright position, hubs momma ran a daycare and go ttired of pee and he was raised to sit while he pee'd and so are my boys. now when we go out , like to a mall or resturaunt they get to pee upright ( and at school for the oldest) but they are proud of their aim and they dont miss... usually LOL, if mr four year old is taking or looking or breathing he will miss, but according to dad, the six year old is a good aimer

this was the word verification i had to type : kvkznmww why do I always get the hard ones?

but Momma said...

Yes, enjoy one less kid, she'll be back soon and you'll wonder why you were sad. "What did you get me? Aren't you glad I'm back? Didn't you bring me something? What? No gift?"

Of course, yours would probably never say such a thing, right?

I'm totally using your scarf notes!
:)

tnqtiuc

Andreia Huff said...

The whole peeing and missing thing is why I dont let my kids leave the house. Can you imagine what the hosts would say?

By the way, my youngest simply recycles toothpaste left on the counter thereby reducing the use in our home by 50%.

Last year, in a bit of whim we allowed 9 yr old son to go to camp. I carefully packed 7 shirts for 7 days. When I unpacked his bag, only 3 shirts had been unfolded. Scary, what they do (or dont do) when your not around.

Secret Mommy said...

LOVE the scarf things! I entertained my nephew several times over the last few days with some tiny little pails (that jam originally came in) and a footstool. They prefer the stuff that lets them have an imagination, I think. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!!

Karla said...

Can you stand one more "Pee" comment? All I have to say is I don't use the main bathroom unless I have too. And heaven help any guests who need a potty break!

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I just remembered my main bathroom. Now that image will probably haunt me for the rest of the day:((

I had an awful word for verification too, bluepaintred - uuwkaamd (I hope I saw it right)

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Serious but funny good laugh.

Kelly Wolfe said...

I love your site!

Read the June 8 on online dating and I must tell you -- I nix the guys posing with their motocycles, ATVs and jets skis myself. I do, however, enjoy a good boat.

--Kelly