Thursday, July 27, 2006

This is the Life!

Yesterday at about 11 am, I hit a brick wall. I had been studying for so long that it felt as though my eyeballs were going to explode out of my head.

I needed a break. I needed to rest my aching eyes. So I streched out on the couch and drapped a dish rag over my eyes. Smelly, but close at hand.

The next thing I knew my 11 year old daughter was placing cold cucmber slices over my eyes. She claimed to have read that they were soothing. After my eyes got over the shock from the cold, it was soothing. Athough a bit slimy.

And then she asked if she could do my nails. Sure thing. How often does she catch me in the prone position anyway? Not often.

So this was my break.



And we musn't forget the toes.

12 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

cool blue toes!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I'm wearing also blue on the toes, a greyish-sky blue though.

Bluepaintred said...

sweet color, and I differ with dcrmom, thats green!

lol settle this fight

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

So who took the picture? Sounds like you got just what you needed!

Anonymous said...

FYI: the color is Caribbean Frost by Wet and Wild. I call it turquiose.

And my 13 year was ordered to grab the camera and document the event. Viva la First Born!

Secret Mommy said...

What a fantastic way to relax! Groovy color, groovy kids!!! :-)

but Momma said...

Ah yes! Girls in the house! I can't wait till mines old enough to paint my toes!

Sweet girls!

Pollyanna said...

That's awesome! What a nice daughter you have there. You done good with her. :)

I love your wood floors. They are BEAUTIFUL.

L said...

Hi! Im here Via Bluepaintred's blog, love the color on your toes.

Meg said...

Awesome! Does she travel? Because my toes could use some serious work...

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Love the nailpolish and the cucumber look.

Babaloo said...

I decided to de-lurk and say hi after reading your blog for the last week. Hi! These pictures are great, and sounds like just what you needed after studying so hard.