Things are slow here at the ranch. I seem to have acquired a summer head cold from my youngest. Feeling kind of slow and sluggish...yuk! Since I can't find my way out of a paper bag at the moment I thought I'd write an update.
THE TOUR
Yes, I still watch every day. With most of the big players are out of the race the field is still wide open. Floyd Landis has the yellow jersey. If he is going to wear it in Paris, he and his team are going to have to ride hard through the Alps.
LOVE LIFE
My love life is dead. I haven't heard from my bike riding friend in several weeks. Since my heart isn't breaking his silence hasn't bothered me...much. All subscriptions to on-line dating services have expired. I am back to picking up men at the deli counter.
STUDYING
I have been getting in about 4 hours a day of hard reading. I feel generally confident other than when random moments of panic strike. The test is 2 weeks from tomorrow...yikes!
HEALTH UPDATE
My 8 year old's tests came back. Negative for any food allergies, which is such a blessing. He is severely allergic to dust mites and maple, however. I plan to wrap his entire room in plastic then cut down every maple tree in the state.
My optometrist finally called me back. After I shared the wonderful news about my eyes he proceeded to burst my bubble....big time. He used long medical terms to basically tell me that my condition was different from the one mentioned on NPR. In his opinion I will never be able to see binocularly. I have since gotten the name and number of a holistic eye doctor. She summers close by and I am going to call and get an appointment.
My burned fingers are on the mend. The blisters were gross and the peeling even grosser. I now have nice new pink skin on both fingers.
Well, that's all folks. I'm off to score me some decongestant.
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
It sounds like things are still rolling along at the Tall Momma household, albeit a bit more sluggish of late!
The tour this year is far more interesting. There's focus on so many different riders, rather than just the one (Lance) as it had been in the past. And such wonderful scenery.
what's going on with your eyes? guess i should go into your archives and catch up, huh?
dcrmom and I wanted to know the same thing!
Sorry to hear about your vision correction not working out like you'd hoped. I was keeping my fingers crossed for you!
I'll continue, of course, but now I'm adding my toes too.
dcrmom and andreia: I had stabismis as a child. 3 childhood operations and one as an adult to correctly align my eyes. As a result I only have monocular vision, which means I have no depth perception. The posts about what happened were written June 25 & 26.
Post a Comment