I have made a mistake. As I was preparing to write about the Perfect Post award that I gave to Mom101 my older girls complained that I was studying...again. "No Dears, I am rereading a wonderful post about...here sit down next to me and I will read it to you." And so, like the bed time stories that they used to love, I read Born Smiling to my daughters.
And it was rough going. Because I was crying as I spoke the words. Tears were running down my face and dripping onto my linen blouse. And now my make-up is ruined and I have a stuffy nose. Shit! That was the mistake. Putting on make-up BEFORE reading her post out loud. Now I have to fix my face before we leave for the LLL fundraiser.
I was going to sing Mom101's praises. Extol her wisdom. Instead, just give yourself a gift. Strap on your reading glasses, settle in with your beverage of choice and read it for yourself.
Don't forget the tissues. If there are tears, they will be from joy, not sorrow.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
A Perfect Post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You are too kind. For real. Sigh/ I have no words.
I said it on her blog and I'll say it here...Love it...just love it. I can't read that post enough. My little one will be one this month and it's like she took all the words that were floating in my head and made perfect sense with them.
What a truly amazing post. Thank you again.
Oh sheesh, too early to be so weepy. what a nice post.
Wow, I am writing through tears. THat was beautiful what she wrote and that you shared it with those of us who didn't see it before.
Lisa
Post a Comment