Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I'm Boorrreedddddd.....

Well, Mommas sick. That beats bored.

Huh?

Never mind. Why don't you play with your little sister?

No way! I want big sisters. I miss BIG sisters. (Tears flowing)

Why don't you go play with the sprinkler in the backyard. (And maybe if you go your baby sister will take her hot, sticky body off of my hot, sticky body.)

Booorrringgg.

Well, (pause as I search for inspiration) why don't you play with the big blue tarp in the garage? If you get it wet it will make a great slip n' slip.

Boring, mom. (sulking)

Come on, brother. Let's go. I wanna slip n' slip. I get to go first. I get to hold the hose.

No! I get to hold the hose. I'm older! (As he chases his sister from the room.)

BATHING SUITS ON, PLEASE!







13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the simple things that makes life great! I wish I could go back to childhood...no worries, just a blue tarp slip n' slide. :)

Bluepaintred said...

I hope you feel better soon

and i wish i read thjis post three weeks ago before we bought a slip and slide from the store.

Unknown said...

what a great idea. i will have to catalog that one.
i have a summer cold too, and it is the pits. I think I caught it from Peanut (although I have to say I am a much bigger baby then she is). I am lucky to be on "vacation" though so I can relax around the motel room and not feel guilty while Mr. T. is in class.

Karla said...

Too funny! Glad they were able to have some fun together. Funny how something becomes so much more appealing when someone else wants it!

Kelly Wolfe said...

Fun!!!!!!!! Resourceful.

Feel better.

Kara said...

It seems like when your sick, on the phone, or actually enjoying an adult conversation that the kids can't be pried from your side...I don't get it....Any other time when the garbage needs taking out, there no where to be found =0)
My mom always said this in response to the "i'm bored" comment
Well, if your so bored I'm sure I can find you something to do (ie: cleaning) we found something to do...

meno said...

Just found your site via a few others that i can't all remember. I too am very tall: woman, slightly over 6 feet.
I have been enjoying reading through your blog.

Andreia Huff said...

I wonder if you got sick cause of the stress of that darn test. I went to study today and got completely ill. So I took a nap instead : )

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea. It got to, I think, 105 degrees here today. It may have been 104 (like yesterday), but once it's gets that high, who cares. Ugh.

I hope you are feeling better, poor girl.

Secret Mommy said...

Oh, I hope you feel better very soon. It seems that lots of people I know here in the 'other' Portland are sick with summer colds, too!

I love the lists of things that kids can be tempted with when they're bored. :-)

Wes said...

That looks like so much fun! I remember doing that as a kid.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Heh, good save!

Ugh, I HATE it when my kids use the "B" word. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Bonnie B said...

Very creative. What fun! I'll have to remember this one.