My Sis and I spent the day at Fort Popham Beach. We had all of the ingredients for the perfect summer beach experience.
- 8 beach towels
- 4 small shovels
- 4 big buckets
- 3 large digging shovels
- 1 umbrella
- 3 coolers chock full of food
- 2 beach chairs
- 1 partially knitted sweater(hers)
- 1 current issue of The New Yorker magazine(mine)
- 6 kids
- 2 Hot Mommas
- Tons and tons of sand
- 1 big, cold ocean
The beach was 200 yards from the parking lot and 30 steps from the cleanest beach potty on the planet. It doesn't get any better then that!
The highlight of the day involved, who else, but my son. It all started innocently enough. After running the beach 25 times, climbing on the granite rocks and dipping a few toes into the frigid water it was time to bury himself in the sand. You can't fault his 8 year old logic. He was having a hard time of it alone so he enlisted his 11 year old sisters help. They painstakingly dug a trench and he enthusiastically stretched out in his grave. Yes, he is a very bright kid. He is also a very trusting soul.
The 11 year heaped vast quantities of sand onto her brother. I had to occasionally remind her not to fling shovelfuls into his face. It was only after he was good and truly buried that his 13 year old sister joined in the fun. I was told to let everyone know that it was her idea. Did I mention that both of my girls are fine sculpters?
Are
you
ready?
I
present
my
Ummmm,
son.
you
ready?
I
present
my
Ummmm,
son.



15 comments:
The blackmail value of this picture alone should serve you well in the future. Oh, and nice, ummm - delta?
actually, that's supposed to be a bikini bottom, the brainchild of my aunt!
Kids-- that is all I can say. You shouldn't, but you have to laugh-- or maybe we should all laugh louder, hm?
Wow so cool I would love to burry my daughter like that.
Your girls are very talented!!
Whoa that is priceless. You can get him to do anything with the threat of showing it to his future spouse.
Lisa
He will never live this one down. This will be brought up at every single family gathering. There will be 8 x 10's and poster size prints passed around the family. I just hope it doesn't follow him to high school! Funny...only a sister could have done this!
omygosh! you have to have that blow up and preserved for the wedding!
your girls are inspired.... at shich point did your son realise he was going to be changing gender thru sand surgery?
ah and... there is some great detail on teh ..lower half of the sand girl.... is it a...bikini?
hahahahaha... poor kid. That's true pain on his face. True I'm-going-to-get-you-back-tomorrow pain.
That is priceless. The look on his face is right off of a cartoon.
Did you get to read your New Yorker? I have THREE issues stacked up. Yikes.
ahahahahahahaaaa
that is just so priceless, I am going to be laughing about this for a long long time!
Thank you for such a hearty belly laugh! Whew!
It seems that all of the east coast people blogs that I've been reading are all going to the beach lately! Why am I not going to the beach? I think I know what I'm doing next week. :-)
You guys are hilarious! Ya'll have a lot of fun!
i'd enlarge that and frame it in the house somewhere! priceless!
Post a Comment