Several weeks ago I sent this e-mail:
Hello my Lovely Fabulous Female Family Members,
I just know that you are all scratching your heads about what to give me for my birthday on the 30th...of this month. I have few wants and needs. O.K., a good man would be nice. Short of that, I have a suggestion.
During my lovely time with Jess and Gabe I developed a bad case of pepper grinder envy. Hint, Hint
Love you all, Ash
My 2nd sister, Amelia, replied:
How many pepper grinders do you want?My response:
Is there a size or brand or wood type you want?
Love you ...Amelia
Weellllll....Ideally it would be one just like Jess's. And no, I do not know the make or model. All I know is that it ground pepper like crazy! And that's the one I covet.
You may have to do some research. I am just dropping hints. I need to act surprised.....
Love you, Ash
From my mom:
What are you going to do if you get four of them? Pepper mills that is, not men. Luvs Ya. Mom
Yesterday I received a package in the mail. For me. Inside was a Magnum Professional Peppermill. A birthday gift from my lovely sisters.

It is soooo beautiful. Black, sexy and sleek. A true thing of beauty.
The box describes my new family member as follows:
The Unicorn Magnum is a fast-grinding, easy loading peppermill with an exceptional range of grind size. The storage chamber holds over 50 grams of peppercorns. A serving tray is included to help contain the pepper dust.
I test drove it last night as I cooked dinner. The positive blizzard of pepper sent shivers up my spine. I'm in love. It doesn't take much to make this girl happy.
This afternoon I leave for a little birthday R & R. I spend tonight with my Baby Sis and her new baby. Lunch tomorrow with my Dad. Then on to my Mom's and StepDad's for some serious pampering. I'm counting the hours.
Have a great week-end. Catch you on the flip side.


16 comments:
salt and pepper shakers are kind of a sore topic at our house. I married into a set that doesn't work. Neither the grinder nor the shaker works, but... Mr. T. is insistant that they do... So... when I bought nice ones to go with the China (which started a fight), they have somehow ended up being the cooking ones because someone who will remain nameless (MT) keeps taking them out of the China cabinet. But you have given me hope, I am going to put one on my wishlist. Can't fight about it if I don't buy it, right?
Happy Birthday!!! Now I'm coveting...
Ooooooooo, aahhhhhhhhh... :-)
I love to cook. Ever since I got addicted to the food network , a pepper grinder has been on my list, but I haven't made the purchase yet. I may have to check this out.
happy birthday, and enjoy your weekend....WITH pepper. just so you know i am still laughing over the fact you managed to work long donkey dick into a post! you're my hero!
ooh! I want that!
I haven't seen one of those since I've last been at my grandma's. However .. I think I want one of those myself
Happy Birthday to you and all your peppery goodness!
sounds excellent. fresh pepper is awesome. so are you. happy bday.
Lisa
Happy Birthday to you....!
Love your present! Have fun!
I clearly have the mind of a 12 year old boy, but in the picture, that pepper grinder looks like you might be able to use it for a man. Well, almost.
talk about multi-purpose.
Enjoy the pampering.
"Black, sexy and sleek."
I had to do a double take of that picture to make sure we were really talking about a pepper grinder.
Been thinking about you a lot lately.
Happy Birthday! (Wait 'till you stay with someone who has a SALT grinder! You'll drive yourself mad with envy!!!) :-)
ok then, lets start at the top HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY
and now. this whole post, untill teh very very end I assumed Magnum and pepper mill and grinder were euphemisms for a vibrator.
my bad
seriously, in my defense, step back and look at the picture. you will see it too!
whew, just read the other comments, I am NOT a pervert, cus I am not the only oen who thought that!
That box description leaves a lot to the imagination.
I want your pepper grinder. It puts the Pampered Chef grinder that I have to shame.
Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment