Most of the gifts our kids give us leave us with a soft, warm feeling. The home made cards, hand picked weeds and special rocks. Other gifts leave us with a raging fever, chills, snot running everywhere and a wracking cough.
It's even more fun when you have to take care of them even though you feel like death warmed over.
Well, my older girls stepped up. My 11 year old cooked dinner while I lay moaning in bed last night. My eldest, even though she is sick herself, made blueberries muffins for her baby sister's preschool snack. And called her Dad, my ex, to tell him that Mom was not going to be able to drive the little one to school.
God bless them both.
Where did I put my drugs....
Friday, September 15, 2006
Head Cold from Hell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
and thus you are left with a warm feeling of pride and love, combined with the knowledge that even tho children don't come with manuals, youa re doing somehting right
Get well soon ! *hugs*
Oh lord, I can't wait til mine is old enough to help take care of me! I think I have awhile to go :) Feel better!
Awwww... I hope you feel better. Glad your kids stepped up! Take care.
Are these the same kids who incited violence in your heart at church last week? Or did you get a new batch?
That's really sweet about the oldest making the blueberry muffins for her baby sister.
Hope the drugs are effective.
Sorry you're feeling bad! I'm glad the troops are rallying to your aid!
Oh, hope you feel better soon! That's so sweet how your daughters are helping out. God bless them indeed!
That is so sweet. Hope you feel better. You are obviously a good mom, if they want to take care of you as much as you take care of them. You are raising good, sweet kids. That is a wonderful gift.
Lisa
Sounds like you raised em well!
Feel better soon!
Post a Comment