Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Off Again

We are heading back to Camden today. For only two days this time. My ex has the kids starting on Friday through the Labor day weekend. Yippee!

My sister went home yesterday. We spent the day cooking for her. We will be delivering a batch of my outrageous brownies, a huge container of Italian pasta and white bean soup and a meat loaf. With bacon on top. My sister LOVES bacon.

We will, of course, finally get to meet my new nephew. We would have gone sooner but as I explained to her, I do not travel quietly. I travel with a noisy army in tow. She needed a few days of quiet to rest and be with her new family.

Once more into the breach, Dear Friends. I am ready to close the camper and call it a summer.

10 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Mmmm, that food sounds delicious! Keep that up and she'll be wanting to have another baby - just for the meals!

but Momma said...

Have fun with that baby!

And pass the white bean soup recipe!

Bonnie B said...

Ymmm! Your sister is one lucky girl!

Kara said...

sigh, if I have a baby will you cook for ME? Or, if i just SAY i've had one....
lol

Unknown said...

Have fun visiting your sister and your new nephew!
What are you going to do with yourself when your kids are gone? :-)
Fall is in the air, and I'm ready for it.

Angel Baby said...

I want the meatloaf recipe!!

I also want to hang out in Camden with you...

Andrea Frazer said...

I don't know you, but I'm 6'1 myself and love that you are so tall. How many times have you heard "How's the weather up there?" If I had a dollar...

Anonymous said...

Baby is so cute. I held him and just drank in the smell of his little head. They should bottle that smell.

Angel, If you are ever in my neck of the woods I would love to do Camden with you! One of the great things about our camp on the lake is the beach. My grant grandmother had it contructed back before the EPA outlawed suck things. It is wonderful for small kids.

Bluepaintred said...

ack! new baby smell... if they bottle it, they will call it heaven!

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!!