Friday, August 18, 2006

Pins and Needles

My baby sister's is in labor...right now!

We called her while we were at breakfast and my 3rd sister answered the phone. There could only be one reason that she would be at baby sis's house at 8am....

Apparently she drove down last night to drop off some soup she had made. Split pea. And stayed.

I am so glad that my baby sister has at least one sister with her during labor. As much as I wish it was me, I am just happy that she has one of us with her.

So now we wait.

And I HATE waiting. I don't wait well. I have been pacing as if I were an expentant father. No, just an expectant Aunt.

This is going to be a loonnngggg day.

7 comments:

but Momma said...

I got chill bumbs! We'll be thinking about ya'll today...

but Momma said...

Bumps.. not bumbs or crumbs or bums...just bumps...

Anonymous said...

Mom, at least you will get to hold the baby after it is born. I am NOT big on waiting either.


Look at it this way, you don't have to wait as long as I do to hold the baby.

I can't wait!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

And I'll have to wait until Thanksgiving!!!! Give us a call when you hear.

Bluepaintred said...

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


how exciting! fingers crossed for a healthy mom and baby!!!

me said...

yes it will be long, my sil last week had the nerve to take 12 hours to produce my nephew. i thought i was gonna die. but yea!!! a new baby...

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oooooooooooo how exciting!!!! I hate waiting too, sigh... Hope all goes well and you get to hold that babe soon!!! (Thought of you when we drove through Portland at 6am last Saturday morning.)