Sunday, August 20, 2006

Welcome to the World

I have a new nephew. 9 pounds, 6 ounces. He has black hair, his father's cleft chin and bigggg feet. After over 60 hours of back labor he was delivered by c-section at 1:09 this afternoon. Mother and babe are happy and healthy.

Welcome to the world Gabriel Thomas. Know that you are loved.

Going to bed. More tomorrow.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Aunt Ashley!!!!

Bluepaintred said...

woot woot. no matter the form of delivery, the importance of a healthy family comes FIRST!


im so happy for you and your family, he sounds HUGE but adorable... didnt know babies came out with clefts in their chins.... thats way way too cute

Musings of a Housewife said...

Excellent news!!!!!!! Congratulations!

Pollyanna said...

Welcome to the world Gabe Thomas. And Congrats to you Auntie. I am so glad that she was finally able to have a c-section, I know it's not ideal but the baby is here and Mommy is doing well and that's all that counts!!

but Momma said...

Yeah!!!!!
Oh we LOVE a Big hunka, hunka burnin love!
Give mom lots of cyber-hugs and kisses and congrats to all!

Secret Mommy said...

Congrats to the whole family! Mom, Dad, Grandparents, AUNTS!, uncles, whatever!!!!! :-)

Bonnie B said...

Yeah! New babies are so exciting. I wish I had one to hold, but mine are all getting big.
Congratulations-- How fun to be a aunt!

me said...

congratulations!!!!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Sounds like a long, painful and REWARDING journey. Congrats to all!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

meno said...

A brand new baby boy! Congratulations to him and his family.