I took a nap this afternoon. A sweet nap after a morning of folding laundry, hanging in the attic and putting together the September calender.
And I had a dream.
I was in my living room. Standing up and pacing. Clearly upset about something although I cannot now remember what. Pacing.
Around the corner came a man. Tall and lean. Salt and pepper hair. He put his arms around me. I could smell his clean grass scent. Feel the firmness of his arms.
The love and care that poured out from him into me was palpable. Soothing. I felt safe and comforted.
Then like smoke in the wind he was gone and I was awake. Try as I might, I could not fall back asleep. I wanted him back. If only for a moment.
So I am alone again. But my hope is restored. He is out there. We just have to find each other.
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Dream Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


24 comments:
I promise you that if I see this guy, I'll send him right on up to you! What a great dream.
I love dreams like these, they renew your hope
YOu just described my husband. HOwever, after a few days, you might not be so glad he appeared! Hee hee. (Nah, he's cool.)
Wow. I'll keep an eye out for him too. What a fascinating dream.
And so you will.
I love those kind of dreams but hate waking up afterwards. *sigh* You'll find him. Soon, I hope.
You'll find him, I'm certain...
By the way, I have dreams like that ALL THE TIME about Johnny Depp, but I have to be honest with myself that he's probably not out there pining away for me...;)
He is out there somewhere.Keep the faith and you'll find him
Is it weird for me to say he sounds hot?
Because he does.
Also, my hubby dreamed of me the week before we met.
Heres's to Nap Time!
Sorry Ashley, but I'm married (ha). But I'm quite sure you'll find this man who smells of marijuana.
Don't you just hate it when you wake up from a wonderful dream like that?!
I started having dreams like that about being comforted and protected by a wonderful man and then I met my dear! I know he's out there for you, too!!!!!!
Okay, I just had to comment again that Harmonica Man's comment made me crack up at work. Good one!
I think perhaps it's a sign that your heart is open and are ready for love. You know you can feel that way about someone, trust someone..
That's wonderful.
Lisa
he sounds wonderful. I know you will find him
Dreams are often times gateways to reality. Keep dreaming...perhaps God is showing you something wonderful!
Hope you have a FABULOUS day!
I love those kind of dreams. The ones where you wake up feeling so good.
We all need dreams. And we need some of them to come true!
Congrats on your fabulous button!! have a great day :)
I'm here via Denise... Congratulations!
And I agree with everyone here that a dream like that can only mean that he is out there and not too far away...of course you don't want to throw yourself at every guy who looks like your dream man. hee hee
Best of luck to you in finding your love. He is out there...keep dreaming.
I thought I was at the beginning of a good book. Great writing! Boy, the anticipation.
Sigh.
You'll find him in the most unexpected of places!
Post a Comment