Saturday, August 26, 2006

Pillow Fight!

The kiddos were all settled into their camper beds. It had been a lovely summer day filled with sailing, swimming and sunshine. Each child had brushed teeth and was in P.J.s. Each had a book in hand to read quietly. It was my turn to go to my Dad's house to take care of my evening ablutions. As I was leaving I reminded them all that it was "quiet time". Ya, Right.

As I walked away from the camper I heard furious whispering. Then, when I was halfway across the lawn I heard it. One of them yelled, "PILLOW FIGHT!"

Now, I could have turned around and walked back. I could have, but I didn't. I kept right on walking. And grinning. A wise Mom knows when to keep right on walking.

10 minutes later I returned and this is what I found.









The perfect ending to a perfect day.

7 comments:

Bluepaintred said...

sometimes it IS best to just walkaway, after all, pillows dont hurt... much LOL

Unknown said...

Your children are beautiful. It would have been hard not to join them.

Bonnie B said...

They look like they are having a perfect time-- good for you for just letting them be (sometimes that is so hard).

meno said...

THAT looks like a good time. I love their little skinny legs.

Smiling.

but Momma said...

You're so laid back. I would have ruined that moment.

We have definitely been out of sync, and now that school's started, I'm toast! :)

Andrea Frazer said...

I love those photos, especially the last one (you caught all 4 kids' faces, along with the doll's!) And can you blame them for romping around and having fun - after all, isn't that how you ended up with 4 kids?

Musings of a Housewife said...

Adorable!! That's a wise momma. :-)