Tuesday, April 17, 2007

On My Knees

I am on my knees this morning praising God, Jesus, all of the Saints and every other power in the know and unknown Universe.

My own personal God, She of the wicked sense of humor, saw fit to deprive me of POWER.

As in electricity.

As in, 24 hours with no computer, TV, oven, refrigerator, music, lights or heat.

And as this happens to be school vacation week I got to share this wonderful, exhilarating experience with my 4 children.

One of whom would ask me, on the average of every 10 minutes, "When will the power come back on, Momma?"

As I laid in bed this morning, huddled under my covers for warmth in my 47 degree house, I prayed as I have not prayed in a long, long time. Well, other then my frequent prayers of gratitude. This prayer was more in the order of a plea.

"Please Dear Lord. Please help Central Maine Power and all of the Good Men and Women who have worked throughout this long, cold, dark night, Please help them fix the problem. Soon. Sooner. Please Dear Lord. If I have to spend another day cooped up with my children in this cold, dark house, we may not survive the experience. I won't complain that I have to throw out all of the food in my refrigerator or freezer. Not even a whimper. Just send me some juice. You sent me a good man....am I asking to much for some juice, too? Oh Lord, hear my prayer."

She obviously loves me.

The power came back on an hour ago.

Thank you God.

6 comments:

Wes said...

Woo Hoo, She's Back! 24 hours seems like such a long time to be without power, although I know here when the big storms come through we get long outages as well. Glad to hear your all back and that you survived the 4 kids!

Bluepaintred said...

omg kids and no power/ I would go insane!

Anonymous said...

No Power sucks, but 4 annoying kids that you can't just turn the t.v on and tell them to be quiet for a little bit...that's just plain mean.

Glad you prayers worked and the power has been restored

Anonymous said...

Love the "she" part. As a kid, my mother drove a car with a bumper sticker that read, "When God created Man, SHE was only kidding!"

Anonymous said...

I live in the land of the power flicker (those Florida storms - who thought it was a good idea to put power lines at tree level?). At least when we lose power, it's warm outside. Glad your prayers were answered.

Pollyanna said...

ohmyword, I totally hear your pain. Our power goes out all the time too in storms and it is HELL. Pure hell. I am glad the Mother answered your prayers. :)