Thursday, April 12, 2007

Nora Jones

Years ago my sister popped a new CD into the player at our summer camp to listen to as we washed the dishes. That was the first time I ever heard Norah Jones. I have been a fan ever since. There are certain times, when I am in a certain mood that her music is just the right fit.

Months and months ago our local radio stations started to promote her upcoming concert in Portland this Sunday night. I entered two contests to win tickets even though I don't tend to do this very often. But I was hopeful. So hopeful that I invited my guy to a concert that I didn't even have tickets for! "When I win, do you want to go with me?"

Last night he called. After chit chatting for a while he informed me that I had not won either contest. That was cool. I was just pleased that he had remembered. But then he asked me how I had planned to get the night off?

"Well, I would have found a way. Thrown myself on the mercy of the ex I suppose. Ummmmmm, Why?"

"Well, the promoter was in the office to drop off the prize tickets (he works at a local music company) and he had two extra and they are on my desk. Would you like to go with me?"

OH. MY. GOD.

7 comments:

Bluepaintred said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

hes so sweet!

have a blast and maybe a little debauching too!

Musings of a Housewife said...

AWESOME! Have a blast.

Unknown said...

KEEEEEPPPER

amusing said...

Isn't it wonderful how you thought you found the thing you wanted and it turned out not to be and you learn so much and then along comes....the thing you really wanted all along!

Ashley Lasbury said...

amusing...You hit the nail on the head with that one.

yes, wonderful.

Anonymous said...

What a feeling when the stars finally align just for you...

but Momma said...

Wow! Can't wait to hear all about it!