If life is a journey, then the relationships we have with the people we walk next to define how we walk the path.
My Mom is one of my best friends.
We have not always walked next to each other in harmony.
There was a time when we could not be in the same room without rubbing each other the wrong way within minutes. I may have been a teenager at the time.
She has walked her own journey with grace and humor. Overcoming much and moving on. Walking with increasing patience and tolerance as she discovered herself.
I know that I am blessed because I can call this woman a friend and visa versa. She is always there for me when I need a rock or want to shout my joy. And isn't that the definition of a true friend?
But she is a good mother as well. She will tell me what she thinks even when she knows it is not what I want to hear. She makes me think with her gift of wisdom. Even though she would not describe herself as wise.
Her love for me is like a warm comforter on a cold night. A cool breeze on a hot day. A comfort and a blessing.
I love you, Mom.
Happy Mothers Day.
Saturday, May 12, 2007
My Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That was nice. I am sure we can thank your mom for how lovely you turned out.
Lovely tribute. I hope that my daughter will think of me that way. Happy Mother's Day!
And a happy Mother's Day to both of you!
The saddest thing in the world for me is to pass up buying Mother's Day cards for my mother. When one loses their mother, it's the last thing they think of. As the years go by, it's one of the things they can't help but think of. So whenever I see a mother/daughter together in a store, I try to find a way to visit with them...even if it's just to smile at them and say "Mother/Daughter? Yes? Oh my. You two are sooooo lucky." Usually they say back "Yes, we know it!"...but you know what? Like most things in life you don't really, REALLY know what you have until it's gone. This was the 37th Mother's Day I didn't get to buy my mother a card. NOW I wish I'd have bought one every single year and written on it and put it in a pretty box. Sounds weird, but at this very moment it sounds wonderful. Cece
Post a Comment