I like to describe myself as a Benevolent Dictator. Actually, my mother used to describe herself as one, so it is not original to me.
If I am the Benevolent Dictator, then there has been a coup attempt. It has lasted all week and the insurgents are winning.
The rebel forces have put aside their differences to work together for the common good. Their common good. Their tactics: Shock and Awe. Defiance and rudeness. Disrespect and noncompliance. Yelling, screaming, tantrums, snot and tears. Oh, and let's not forget Name Calling.
Shall I go on? No, you get the picture.
The Dictator, no longer Benevolent, is ready to surrender. The line in the sand that represents the House Rules has been erased so many times that it is laughable.
I am weary right down to my bones.
Thank the Lord above that they all leave with their father for the weekend in a few minutes. I have 48 hours to redraw the line and devise some new strategies.
Oh, my son was sharpening sticks in the back yard this afternoon. Making spears.
Yeah, I'm scared. I think I may be his prey.
Friday, May 04, 2007
Coup Attempt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am right there with you. Pray. Breathe. Relax. You'll do fine.
Oooh, I hate it when they work together to overthrow. They're like a pack of hyenas on a wildebeest. Watch your back, woman!
How is the coup? Did you get any counter intelligence? :)
I thought about you all weekend. I read a trashy novel about a 40-something getting her groove back with a handsome lover. I pictured you in my head the whole time I was reading it. "Surviving Surbia". Check it out. You're the key character. :)
Post a Comment