As a few of my long time readers will recall, my 8 year old son has a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. That's putting it mildly. I have tried begging, pleading, threats, bribes and tears to no avail. I have even contemplated dragging him out of bed by his hair.
This morning my darling boy leaped out of bed at 6:50 am. A full half an hour before his first wake up call. He got himself dressed. In clean clothes. He usually puts on whatever is laying on his bedroom floor. He made his bed, pulled his shades up and turned out his light.
He then appeared in the kitchen with shoes AND socks on his feet. He proceeded to make lunch for not only himself but his sisters as well. He was polite, cooperative and loving.
Clearly aliens have abducted my real son and replaced him with a clone. Here's my dilemma. Do I want the real one back?
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Aliens Stole My Son
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
You're right! It really doesn't sound
like the kid!
ummmmmmmmmmmm if it was me, id take the clone!
When your real boy comes home, I'd love to adopt his clone. He looks like lots of fun!
Does he do windows?
I wonder what this is all about. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.
I don't know, either way he seems like a pretty awesome kid. Who couldn't love a guy that can hang from a doorway!
BBWWWWAAAAAhahahahaha - that first picture is a winner!! Oh, how I wish I could do that! (And without bringing the ceiling down with me.)
Don't worry, he'll be back to himself soon. ;-)
I love it! Those are true "boy" pictures! Now think -- what did you feed him for dinner last night?
beware boys who are suddenly helpful, the other shoe may fall....
That is interesting...what triggered the change?...I'd encourage the clone to stick around for awhile :-)
I say split the difference, the old one gets to come home on the weekends...lol
Wow! Send the ailens my way. My 7-year-old never gets out of bed
Glad to know that despite jonesing for cigs and wine you still had time to snap that photo. Clearly depression hasn't gotten the last word.
Proud of you... hang in, will ya?
Well, the cynic in my says he did something terrible and was trying to butter you up, but maybe not! :) He looks like a TON of fun. My kids would totally hang from a doorway if they could figure it out, they are a bunch of nutcases.
I hope the alien shows up once or twice a week just to make your life easier.
What a gymnast! And getting himself out of bed and all? Wonderful!!!!! :-)
I LOVE the picture of him hanging upside down from the doorway.
I hope my kids don't see it!
He looks a lot like you!!
I vote to keep the clone. And you must tell me how to get clones of my own. I hate dragging kids out of bed in the morning. So not fair. Who's going to drag me out.
Post a Comment