A pot of bubbling love is on the stove. Black Bean soup for supper. There will be extra and you are invited.
My son, the real one, auditioned for and was awarded a part in the Nutcracker. The Ballet. Yes, he dances. And loves it.
My sister spent the morning with me on her way to CT for her High School reunion. Later she called and left an message on my answering machine. I was picking the kids up from school. Her 7 week old son was screaming in the background. She was stuck in traffic in Worcester. She was sobbing. And aren't I glad those days are behind me! I advised her to practice her labor breathing and reminded her that infants do NOT die from screaming.
Life still sucks most of the time. I broke down and bought a pack of smokes. And a bottle of wine. Because when I quit smoking I also quite drinking which sucks in a major way.
Tomorrow we head to Camden to close the camp. I will slap yet another nicotine patch on my butt and try again. 1,475th times the charm...right?
Reading others' blogs is yet another chore. Everything has become a chore. If I read then I don't comment. Which feels mean spirted.
I did read a great post yesterday. A must read for all of those single women out there who are trying to figure out how to have sex in the 21st century. So much has changed since high school. Go check out Amusing at Getting There. A great read.
I raise my glass of Pino to you and wish you a wonderful long holiday weekend. May your weather be fair and your winds be warm.
Friday, October 06, 2006
Assorted Stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Well I raise my glass to you. I quit drinking 10 years ago --though I occassionally (rarely) indulge (sometimes I drink like a fish) but mostly nada which makes my husband nuts. I like win, so sometimes its hard, but I see what excessive drinking does to families so I try to live by example ( and I hope others follow suit)
i think its awesome he got the part! right on for him!
as for commenting on blogs, when you feel forced it wont be a good comment anyway. i often jet downstairs read posts thinking "when I have time i will come back and commetn" and never find the time. dont feel bad for not commenting. well maybe once a months o I know you still love me, but dont feel you HAVE to comment, cus we arent gonna hold it against you!
Obligatory commenting. Just say no. I don't want to be a chore for you. I absolve you from commenting unless you have something to say.
Keep trying with the smokes. Even cutting back is a victory. I had one last night. It was my first in a week. Why did i do that?
Hey, I give you full permission to A) Not read my crap at all. Or B) Read and not feel one bit obligated to comment. I've been where you are, and it's time to unplug and take care of you. Okay?
Okay, I know smoking is bad, but what in God's name would compel you to stop drinking??!?!?!?!? Good Lawd, woman. :)
And don't ever ever feel obligated to read or comment on my blog. I totally give you permission to be a lurker if you want to. Most of my stuff is crap anyway! :) :)
Hope you have a great great weekend.
Congrats on his getting the part. Cheers to you and the soup sounds delish.
Lisa
See, this is why I watch "Bewitched" and all those old sitcoms set in suburbia. I have no idea how to behave. I visit blogs regularly and don't comment unless the mood strikes.
Have I been rude? Have you all been talking about me behind my back?
Hey, Bosom Buddy! Soup sounds great. I went out and got a bottle of pinot to keep you company. A toast!
To sex, or lack thereof!
I don't give a shit if you comment -- but I want the black bean soup recipe. The last time I made black bean soup it was foul. Truly. I was gagging just smelling it simmer. I was telling this extra chipper chick at work about it and she was like 'oh, it can't be that bad' and she insisted I bring her some. The look on her face was totally worth it! I laughed my ass off. But I still like good black bean soup. So, if you have a good recipe, pass it along dammit.
Just let this grey thing take its course. You'll get back on track eventually. Don't make yourself feel guilty about lounging in the malaise for a while. Obviously, don't veer too far off course. But you don't seem like the kinda mom that would do that.
--Kelly
hugs
Hope you had a great weekend!
I've been too pooped to obligingly comment :)
Yay for your son!
I love your comment that infants do not die from screaming. It definitely is annoying, but not life-threatening :-)
weather fair and warm winds? not in this life time. Im freezing
hugs
We all read without commenting from time to time. No worries!!
I may be a bad friend for saying this, but: Do you really WANT to quit smoking? If not, why add to your stress by trying to force yourself? In my experience, people only quit successfully if they really want it. You seem to be having SO much going on right now- maybe get yourself to a better place and then do it?
Post a Comment