To continue the saga of the sleepy headed boy: this morning saw me back at the starting line. His alarm went off at 7 a.m. as I was headed into the shower. I could hear it beeping, very loudly, up until the point that I got out. After I had dried off, I headed into his room to reset the alarm. Remember the plan from yesterday? I could not find the alarm clock anywhere! Turns out the boy, no dummy, had crawled back into his tent with his clock. It was under the covers and he refused to hand it over. Short of crawling on my hands and knees into his cave to physically wrestled it from him I went with the dreaded plan B. I moved the blocking pieces of furniture out of the way, grabbed a handful of comforter and dragged to child into the hall.
At this point I expected that he would leap from his nest and get dressed. Unhappy, but on the move at least. Instead, my darling son looked up at me, smiled, and proclaimed that he was just as happy to sleep in the hall as in his room! It was just too early in the morning to remain totally calm. In a very loud voice I told him that if he didn't get up right that moment I would drag his butt down to the kitchen by his hair. A threat I would never carry out. And one I am a bit ashamed to admit that I made. But, Hey, IT WORKED! The sight of his naked, furious mother must have put the fear of God into the boy! He was downstairs, dressed in dirty clothes, but on time. Who the hell knows what will happen tomorrow morning, but I will continue to fight the good fight. Woe to the child who defies the Momma!
Thursday, May 18, 2006
By His Hair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Hi, Ashley, I wonder what your son looked like when he saw you naked ;).
So, you're alone with 4 children? All boys or all girls, or what?
I have a 13 month old boy. I really enjoy being a mom.
Cheers,
CinnamonLeaf
http://cinnamonleaf.lipblogs.com
Welcome CL! The kids are 13 years through 4. Girl, girl, boy, girl. I, too, love being a mom. There's never a dull moment.
Hey! I have one of those too! Mine is 12. We've tried alarm clocks, timers (that worked for awile, but I ended up going back upstairs every 10 minutes to reset the timer), pulling off the covers, etc. It always takes me yelling and getting mad before he makes any effort to appease me and by then it's too late, I'm angry. Now that his hormones are starting to change, he literally can't get to sleep early any more, which just makes it worse. Woe the hormones! I'll be prayin' for ya.
When you are writing, look at the little tool bar, there is a big T with a colored square, highlight your text and then click on the T and you can change your color. At the end of the toolbar after the spell check is a little square that allows you to add a picture. I'm still trying to figure it all out myself. And this week has been so crazy I haven't had time to write! Only four more days for school for us! YEAH!
You know I'm taking notes on all of this in my Things To Remember For When Sophia is Taller notebook.
Meg, much of my parenting is trial and error...with many errors. Sophia will be fine as long as her mom follows her heart.
Post a Comment