I don't know about you but I feel as if I am strapped to a sleigh that is careening out of control down a snowy slope and I am trying like hell to enjoy the ride. Ahhh, such is the joy of this season.
This is an "off" weekend for me. Normally this means that I can take some "I" time to refresh and renew my spirit. This weekend it just means more of the same insanity. In a few hours I leave for my Mom's stopping on the way to drop off a teenage daughter at my sister's house. My daughter has been hired by her Aunt to be a "mother's helper" for the weekend.
Saturday is my sister's Annual Glogg party. Don't know what Glogg is? Either did I until she married a lovely man of Swedish extraction. He brought this lovely Scandinavian holiday beverage into our family. Need an excuse for a holiday party?
Looking for a way to spice up the same old, same old. Well, just throw a shit load of alcohol into a huge pot, add some spices and slowly cook it for a long time. Then, at the appointed hour, after the lid has been on said pot for a good long time, remove the lid and throw a match into the pot. I recommended that you not lean over the pot or stand anywhere near the pot as you may be immolated. But it is such good fun to see the flames shot up to the ceiling before they go out. A fire extinguisher is optional. Then ladle yourself a cup from the pot of bubbling love. Enjoy! People in my family have been known to suck on the spices from the bottom of the empty pot. I kid you not.
Assuming we all survive Saturday night the whole family heads inland on Sunday to see my 8 year old son dance for the first time in the Nutcracker. Yes, my Ballet Boy, a.k.a Mud Boy, auditioned for a part and was accepted. We are in the midst of
Nutcracker Hell Week. There will be 12 of us cheering him on in the audience. I promise pictures will be forthcoming.
I am wishing all of you a peaceful and relaxing pre-holiday weekend. If you find yourself in Camden at 8pm on Saturday please stop by for some Glogg. Ho, ho, ho!
Friday, December 15, 2006
A Double Header
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Sounds like a full, but fun weekend! Merry Christmas!
Can you ship the glogg to warm Kentucky?? It's 60 here and, as Christmasy as I feel (having just wrapped 90% of the presents - the other 10% are not yet purchased!), it's darn difficult to wear the Christmas sweater, socks, vest, etc. But I'll bet that glogg makes an instant holiday?!?!?
oh he will do so good! I cannot wait for pictures
gonna video tape???
MMMmmm Glogg....
Yum, the glogg sounds yummy. I want me some of that!
Are you groggy from the gloggy? Do tell.
My ex's mother was Swedish and she made the Glogg and Swedish meatballs for Christmas, which they celebrated on the Eve. Interesting.
Please glog some for me. I have to work this weekend. :-(
Post a Comment