If you look at the picture in the proceeding post carefully you will notice the lovely pearls adorning my alabaster neck. That's some serious bling. My sis is also wearing a lovely necklace with matching earings. The jewelry was fun to wear. The story of how we scored the jewelry was wonderful to tell.
When I packed on Friday I threw a pair of black linen pants and an old blouse into my bag, but after my haircut on Saturday morning I was feeling fetching. I knew that the old blouse did not make me look or feel sexy, just matronly. And I wanted sexy. Not that there were any hot, single 40ish men expected at my sisters party. It is just that I put on the dog so rarely that I wanted to look good that night. Something that would show off my new do to it's best advantage.
A quick stop into a local boutique did the trick. The very helpful sales girl listened to my requirements and started handing items into the dressing room. The first blouse I tried on was luscious. And $218. Ouch! The third was equally lovely and was on sale for $55. SOLD.
Back at my sis's house I showed off my new hair and blouse. And then started complaining that I needed the perfect necklace to accent the blouse, my hair and my cleavage. Sis had nothing that fit the bill in her stash. But she did have an idea. A wonderful, marvelous idea.
She picked up the phone and called a friend who is also a local jeweler:
"Hi Thomas, It's Victoria. I need your help. My sister is going to a very swanky party tonight and needs a killer necklace to go with her new blouse. This party is like the Oscars of Camden. Do you think she would be able to borrow a necklace for the night?"15 minutes later we were in his shop. He fed us homemade chocolates and told us that we could borrow anything in the store. As you can see, I picked out a stunning, multiple strand of gray pearls. Worth more then my entire monthly grocery budget. Sis got in on the act and picked out a beautiful jade and amethyst necklace with matching earrings. We had scored some serious bling. We giggled all of the way back to her house.
So, if you are ever in Camden stop by and say "hi" to Thomas at Thomas Whiting Goldsmith on Willy Wharf off of Bayview Street. Say Ashley sent you.


6 comments:
Well, aren't you the celebrity! You look gorgeous in the blouse and the bling and the fine haircut. I'm glad you had a good time in spite of your loss.
Happy Holidays to the whole family!
First of all, that's a fantastic story! Second of all, you look seriously hot in your picture...and you mean to tell me no one invited any single 40ish men to the party just for you? That's a crying shame...
that is sooooo neat. just the added touch to make you feel like the star you are
xoxo ash
(hair looks great)
You lucky girl! What fun to borrow jewelry and go shopping. I'd love a day like that-- I'm so happy you got a chance to have some fun (now if only there were some fetching men to go witht he story it would be perfect)
I love that story? Now tell me: did you invite any teenage mormans to dinner, tempting them to sin?
I love your sister - and Thomas! May his tribe increase!
Post a Comment