I survived the teenage sleepover. It turns out that teenage girls can put away vast quantities of Thai take-out. They loved the movie. I went up to take a bath after the first half hour, however. The "Why's he doing that?"s and "What's happening?"s and "Shhhhh, I can't hear!"s drove me nuts. They finally fell asleep sometime before 1 am. I was asleep seconds later. They were up talking, giggling and dancing before 6 am. Yawn.... I don't think I did or said anything that embarrassed my daughter too much. And am I ever glad that I am no longer a teenager!
We are in the process of trying to find my eldest daughter a High School for next year. There are 3 public high schools in the city as well as many private school choices. The thing is, she is very, very bright. Chalk it up to the breastfeeding. She shadowed at her 3rd school today and loved it. She hated the first two. On the plus side, it is an excellent school. On the minus side, it is the most expensive of the private school choices. She would have to get a full ride. The fact that she just scored in the top 10% state wide on a secondary school placement exam should help. Let's hope she loves one of the public high schools as much.
I seem to have run out of words. That's what happens when I don't get a nap. Sigh.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Assorted Stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I hope your smart little Chica finds a great school!
ohhh smarty pants smarty pants. can I breast feed? I wanna be a smarty pants
I sometimes wonder if it was such a good idea to breastfeed my children. They are all smarter then their momma!
Sounds like it will be a great school for your daughter... maybe not such a financial benefit for you. One day, she'll be grateful though for a decent education that is not beneath her level.
Peace,
~Chani
Smart mom, smart daughter.
Post a Comment