Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Top 10 Reasons Why They Can't Do Their Chores

Chores, chores, chores! I love 'em, the kids hate 'em, in the proud tradition of kids everywhere. Here are the current Top 10 reasons they use to get out of doing their chores on any given day:


  1. I'm hungry
  2. I have to do my homework
  3. It's sunny out. I NEED to ride my bike.
  4. I'm tired. No, not tired enough to take a nap, just too tired to do my chores.
  5. I don't feel good. No, not sick enough to go to bed, just not good enough to do my chores.
  6. I'm tired from doing my homework.
  7. Still eating my snack
  8. Can't find the broom, dust pan, vacuum cleaner, house etc.
  9. My nail polish is still wet. (gender specific)
  10. I am not your slave. a.k.a. general rebellion
Top 10 reasons that I will let them get away with not doing their chores:

    1. Hurricane
    2. Flood
    3. Pandemic disease
    4. Blizzard
    5. Temp over 100 degrees (child's, not weather)
    6. Hacking, phlegm spewing cough
    7. Playing peacefully with the 4 year old
    8. Doing homework
    9. having a (quick) snack
    10. being so tired that the child is able to wear me down with the begging, weeping and pleading until, in a moment of sheer exasperation, I give in.

2 comments:

Pollyanna said...

OHHHH, this sounds like my house! My boys are the all time champs of stall techniques. Geez, i can't spell this morning. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Wes said...

Cool, now I know what to look out for, and the responses I can use as to why they still have to do them! Thanks!!