Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Do NOT Go on the Roof

Yesterday, while the 4 year old was saving me money by cutting her own hair (I am a frugal Yankee, after all) the 8 year old was up to other mischief. I may have to give up blogging. Ignoring the kids to write about the kids. Not good. On the other hand, I never lack for material.

Anyway, this morning I noticed half of an uneaten orange on the garage roof. I did not ask how it got there. I really did not want to know. I pointed the offending piece of fruit out to my son and informed him that he would have to retrieve it when he got home from school. "O.K., Mom.

This afternoon he and I discussed strategies that he might use to get the orange. And under no circumstances was he to go up onto the roof. No, absolutely not! Not even if you are very, very careful. No, no, no!

The next thing I heard was his sister screaming that he was, where else, but on the garage roof. He had climbed on using a garbage pail, walked across the pitch on his knees, retrieved the orange, hurled it to the ground and then paused to take in the view. By the time I got out there, he was down on the ground, safe and sound. And I wanted to rip his head off.

He will be a great man, I can keep him alive until he reaches adulthood.

4 comments:

Pollyanna said...

Oh Lordy. These kids keep us BUSY, don't they?? I am so amazed my boys haven't broken a bone yet. I thought for sure we'd at least have a broken arm by now.

Hey, how did you change your font BTW? I wanna do that...

Karla said...

Funny how the words "not" and "don't" and "stop" just don't seem to register with kids. Oh yeah, and "think". That's a tough one for them too.

Ashley Lasbury said...

Jodi, I am a real blogging novice. Can't even figure out how to post a pic. I am using the standard font. To change font you click on the far left hand box above the text box on the "create" page.

Wes said...

4 kids! Wow, you do have a wealth of stories there!!!
At least your boy doesn't shy away from Adventure!