We are into our second straight week of rain. Muddy dog foot prints cover the kitchen floor. The backyard is a quagmire. The front lawn is overgrown and not with the grass seed that I so lovingly planted. I am growing many and varied weeds...tall weeds thanks to the rain. And I hate the fact that the furnace is on and the calendar tells me that it's May 15th, for Pete's sake (and who the hell is Pete anyway?!) The children are having a riotous Beanie Baby fight as I type. I occasionally have to duck. I knew that I had succumbed to all of that Beanie Baby mania years ago for the right reasons. High velocity Beanie Baby tag!
The 4 and 8 year old were outside in the driving rain this afternoon with the neighborhood children. They were making mud pies and/or mud pits, depending on how you looked at it. I had a very, and I mean very, brief worry about their health. You know, pneumonia, head colds and the general malaise that one catches when one is in the cold driving rain for any length of time. Then I envisioned the destruction that would occur when they came inside, still full of pent up spring energy. Let them bathe in the mud, say I.
Please Dear Lord, let the sun appear soon. Before the Mother commits mischief and mayhem herself. Or has another glass of wine...oops, I forgot...I am not a lush! Although the incessant rain is driving me in that direction.
Monday, May 15, 2006
Mud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
You know, I think rain like that is the perfect excuse to have another glass of wine. It's sort of a law of weather. Tornado warnings = I deserve some bourbon to get through. Snowstorms = hot toddies. Unrelenting rain = as many glasses of wine as it takes to make the sunshine come out again...
Post a Comment