There now seem to be more words then I know what to do with. Unfortunately, this is a PG blog so I must keep it clean. And man, has my mind been in the gutter for the last few days.
I have not slept more then a few hours since Wednesday night. I have not been hungry and have been living on tea, water and wine. How bad is it? I took the kids to the candy store as a reward for helping me scrub the kitchen floor and did not buy any chocolate for myself. Chocolate was not what I wanted.
I've passed from being a mess into a dreamy state right through downright loony. Is it a bad thing when you talk to yourself? Or that as you try to prepare Beef Stroganoff for dinner that you keep dropping things on the floor. Including some meat that was promptly plopped right back into the pan. What the hell, the floor was clean after all.
The saddest part for me is that I can not seem to concentrate enough to read. The new issue of The New Yorker is unopened. My new wonderful book is still in the place that I left it three days ago.
This afternoon my minister called me. It had completely slipped my mind that he had asked me to be Worship Leader for tomorrows service. After I got off the phone I laughed so hard that the tears were pouring down my face. How I am going to pull that off is beyond me.
But in the last hour things have begun to return to normal. I ate all of my dinner. Mostly to please my 12 year old daughter who was concerned that I was going to waste away. Ha! Like that would ever happen. A hot bath has cleared my head and brought me some peace. I am drowsy and I think I will finally sleep.
I was going to write about roads and discovery. That will have to wait. Good-night.
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Roads of Discovery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I do believe you owe me an email or phone call my dear. I need to hear ALL of it.
You sound all twitterpatted. Do tell!
smile, smile, smile - that's all I can do with these latest posts...
Ha ha, Maura, I got the phone call! I know! I know!
Post a Comment