Friday, March 09, 2007

The Big Five


All of the other posts I have written on the birthdays of my other 3 children have just flowed from my fingers onto the screen. Not this one. I have been pondering this post for days. And days. I do not know where to begin or how to stop. How do I write about Margaret Faith? My last child. My forth child? Other then to say, Happy Birthday My Darling.


You slid into my arms five years ago and I knew, deep in my bones that we were finally all together. One of my first coherent thoughts was, "Let the party begin. We are all here."



You are a joy, full of wit and humor, as stubborn as the day is long and gifted with a set of lungs that could curdle cream. You are like and unlike your sisters and brother. You are you in such a concrete, real sense.



Happy Birthday, Baby Girl. You keep me young. You keep me sane. You bring me joy and laughter every single day.

10 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

That's precious! What awesome pictures.

Mom Thumb said...

You pondered well, that is an awesome tribute to your baby!

Unknown said...

That is beautiful.
I love the picture of her breastfeeding her child with the bottle sitting on the couch.
I have missed your voice.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

She's a total sweetheart! Please wish her a super happy birthday for me.

Andrea Frazer said...

Hi - That was beautiful as usual. I love the shot at the end with her eye to eye with Elenor. (Is that Elenor? Sorry if I got it wrong.) They look so much alike. They look like you, too!

Anonymous said...

She's precious.

Meg said...

Oh, happy birthday - a lovely post!

maura said...

I just can't stand it. I can't believe our babies are FIVE (Eva will be next week). How did that happen? Weren't we just pregnant?

Happy Birthday Margaret.

maura said...

don't know if I can post a link here or not but if so go here:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd01b3127cce9084a94477ac00000016109Actm7FmzaU

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd01b3127cce9084918df64900000016109Actm7FmzaU

maura said...

damn not working

I'll email them