Thursday, March 29, 2007

Jeans

This conversation between my eldest daughter and I occurred early this morning.

Mother: Damn, now my tight jeans are too loose. Even when I tuck my shirt in.

Daughter: See, you are falling in love. I knew it. That's why you have lost your appetite.

Mother: I am not falling in love. I think, at my age, that I would be wise enough to know if I were falling in love. It's something else.

Daughter: But you've only been in love once, so how would you know?

Mother: I know my own heart. Plus, people loose their appetite for other reasons.

Daughter: Like anorexia?

Mother: Yes, but that will never be my problem. Hon, some day you will figure it out for yourself. Then come to me and we will talk.

Daughter: Yeah. Whatever.

It is hard to feel fine when you have a suspicion that your butt crack may be showing.

6 comments:

Bluepaintred said...

wait. you are mad you are losing weight?

*pouts*

Ashley Lasbury said...

No, I am mad that I have no money to spend on new jeans....happy that I am losing weight.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

It may not be anorexia, but you're sick all right. Love sick that is. I think you get it from boy germs.

Meg said...

harmonica man already said what I was going to...i think yo have a severe case of luv cooties.

Anonymous said...

could it be all the dentist appointment and the fact that you can't eat every time you see him...hmmm maybe you're in Love with the dentist, LOL

Pollyanna said...

ohmyword. i have never lost weight for any reason. happy, sad, whatever reason. ugh. I am sooooo jealous! Hope your **beep** mouth is feeling better.