Much to my horror I found myself stretched out in a dentist chair this morning. Three of my old filings need to be replaced over the next week. Did you know that as silver ages it expands which cracks the tooth? Either did I. Today was the longest appointment for the worst tooth. Two hours in that bloody chair. And NO, I did not bite my dentist because he has threatened to bite me back. I did consider bolting several times, however.
As any of you know who have been reading this blog for the last week, I have been walking around in a state of near constant arousal. If I let my mind wonder, and even when I don't but it does anyway, I find myself having a hot flash. Or as my lovely, wise Aunt calls them "internal meltdowns". They can occur at any time. Chopping onions. Folding Laundry. Driving the car. Brushing my teeth. Wondering aimlessly in the grocery store.
The worst one was as I was sitting in church on Sunday. During the sermon. And I was not even in a pew. No, I was sitting up in front, next to the pulpit. Which leads me to the thought that, thank goodness, unlike men, there are few if any visible signs when a woman is aroused. Wouldn't it be awful if the tips of our ears turned blue?
So there I am, freaking out in the dentists chair as Evil Dentist Man is about to stick a 17 foot long needle into my gums when the hygienist says, "Relax, Ashley. Just breathe." Now, someone else has been saying those very same words to me lately but in a totally different context. And under normal circumstances I would have melted down right there. But, I am pleased to report, lust was the furthest thing from my mind.
I have found my first Lust Free Zone.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Lust Free Zone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
i called my insurance company today aout dental. i guess thats my first step. now all i have to do is call an actual dentist.
see i want to get all of my teeth pulled and put in dentures. cus all my teeth are disgisting.
but i am a chicken.
why do dentist have to be so scary?
Yeah, I can't imagine having lustful thoughts at the dentist. Even if I were attached to laughing gas.
You are just cracking me up, girl!! Thanks for visiting today. I've missed having you around.
One time I thought my dentist was asking me out because I was hopped up on nitrous. And he knew I thought that. And this was after he pulled out a piece of partially-chewed-up-chicken from between my teeth that had caused a painful abcess.
I think I win for most mortifying lustful moment at the dentist!
I have to go to the dentist and I am DREADING it.
If your man ever picks up a dental chair at a garage sale, you are soooo dead.
ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy.
Post a Comment