The kids returned to school on Wednesday and my life returned to normal. No more lazy mornings. No more staying in P.J.'s all day (the kids, not me). No more lazy, stress free days. Sniff. No, we are back in the grind. I will not recount the last two days in detail. Suffice it to say that I feel as though I am strapped to a seat in Mr. Toads' Wild Ride and I want to get off....NOW! The kicker was when we arrived back home at 5:15p this afternoon after a trip to the dentist (my older girls had No Cavities...Yippee!) only to find access to my street blocked off by police cars. At cross streets I could see fire engines galore and you could have read a book by the glow of the emergency lights. All I could think of was that my house was a pile of smoking rubble. Thank the Dear Lord that it was someone else's garage that went up in smoke.
To add insult to injury I am getting a distinct feeling of ambivalence from the guy. I almost wrote "my guy" but that is not yet the case. I am concerned that he may perceive me as Too. As in Too Good, Too Smart, Too Funny, Too Full Figured (that is just my insecurity talking). These may be his perceptions, but are not the reality. I like him but he may be having second thoughts. Of course, I may be over thinking, yet again.
As with most things, I am going to pour time on the problem.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Stop the Ride, I Want to Get OFF....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hang in there, girl. I always try to enjoy the feeling of hope, even if the product/person itself does not end up working out. Of course insecurity comes into play (for me it's "what if Child Magazine doesn't publish my article after all and I'm fooling myself with magazine writing?"... but I know there's so much b.s. out there and it's not me. Either I fit with a certain publication or I don't. Or a certain friend or I don't. And the same with you and your situations, whether it be a man or a new job or whatever. I hope this helped for whatever it's worth... and hold on to that fun and hope! If he can't see it, you lost nothing but undue heartache - and gained a dinner out!
Mama P, you are a wise woman.
Wait and see. If he's worth it, you'll know.
Oh! Oh! Oh! I obviously need to go back in time and read previous posts! The guy?! What-ho! Very exciting! Either tons o' fun, or part of the learning process/experience curve. Good either way.
Post a Comment