Snow has finally come to Maine. First it was too warm and now it is too cold for a major snowfall, but we have had enough in the last few days to thrill my kids. The cross country skis are in use, finally. And my son has been spending every spare minute carving out his snow fort in the snowbank in front of the house. Since the snow is hard and crusty his uses my handheld garden tools to chip away at the interior.
This is the highest snow bank in Portland. He has been "importing" snow from other places in the front yard.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
The Snow Cave
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
lol my boys love making snow forts too, unfortunatly when the caves get about ten feet under the snow, we have to collapse them, its a safty hazard other wise. the snow pile in our yard, from shoveling hte driveway is about... 25 feet high... you can go right onto the roof from it.
Im having a contest over at my place! Be sure to enter before friday!
Excellent snow fort. Glad you got enough of the white stuff.
You have been through quite a lot of crap (haha, sorry I didn't really mean to type that) since I've dropped off of the face of the blogging earth. Good lord. I feel as though I need to send you a case of wine. Quickly.
Admiring your wonderful, unquenchable spirit, my dear.
I love your son. You must send him to Auntie Mama P for the summer one year.
Post a Comment