Monday, January 22, 2007

On the Bright Side

Being a die hard optimist means that when bad ju-ju strikes my life I try like hell to see the bright side. Here are some of the results.

  1. My sewer issues have not yet been solved and my house is full of dirty laundry and smelly kids. On the bright side, I have not had to do laundry or fold laundry in several days.
  2. Due to the water balloon incident in my son's room his floor is now sparkling clean.
  3. The waste basket fire that occurred the other night when in an attempt to multi-task I talked on the phone and lit the dinner candles at the same time, is now nothing but a funny memory. Well, funny to the kids, at least. Note to self: Don't throw hot matches into the garbage. And on the bright side, I don't have to preform the ritual burning cleansing ceremony I was considering to chase away the bad ju-ju.
  4. I managed to close the back of my van onto my left shoulder this morning after loading in a weeks worth of groceries. On the bright side, I have a spare arm.
  5. Add to the above the fact the I have another date Wednesday night and all things considered, my life doesn't suck too badly.

5 comments:

me said...

isn't it true, when shit (couldn't resist) seems bad, something worse happens that makes you realize it wasn't too bad in the first place.

let me know if you get a bid on your boy. i have a couple i am ready to part with.

Bluepaintred said...

ohhh so all i have to do to get clean floors is water baloons *writes that down* and sewer leaks = no laundry. good got that!

Anonymous said...

When it all comes down...it ALL comes down at once, at least I find it that way. Glad you are able to look at things in a different light and see the good in all the bad.

Pollyanna said...

alright, so the date? Is the same date as before? the nice good looking one? Or have you caught yourself a new man?!?!? I need details please.

I hope your sewer issues are fixed soon, although no laundry sounds jim dandy right now. I did about 8 loads today! UGH.

amusing said...

Have you ever watched "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" on Cartoon Network (I am pushing this show to everyone I know.) There's a character, Wilt, who is so polite and optimistic all the time that it becomes comedy. He only has one arm too!