Living with my two teenage daughters is a joy. My girls genuinely love each other. They share the same room, their secretes, stories, clothes and jewelry. But every once and awhile they try to kill each other. If they didn't, I would worry.
A recent cat fight occurred on Sunday in front of church after service. One moment I was herding my brood down the path, trying to keep the little ones from climbing the cherry tree and the next I was in the middle of a free-for-all. I don't know or much care what set them off. What ensued involved a great deal of screaming, hitting, punching and name calling. In front of church. I, of course, asked them calmly to stop. Several times. To no avail. By the time they got to the car the storm had passed and they were contrite. After reading them the riot act I informed them that they were required to mop the kitchen and dinning room floors as a consequence.
This morning the fighting started as they were getting dressed and progressed into the kitchen. At its height they were shouting swears at each other, racing around the house trying to catch and inflict pain on each other. They knew better then to try to hide behind me. On to way home from school I again spoke to them about disturbing the peace of our home and then handed out the consequences.
So, now my kitchen floor and dining room floor are clean. The bathroom tub gleams and both of the toilets sparkle. Eventually they will figure out my evil plan and stop the violence, but until that happens I am pleased as punch not to have to do those chores myself.
Note to self: Never clean the house too much so as not to run out of consequences for violence.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
My Secret, Evil Plan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
oh man great plan!
ps...it might just be a bad case od PMS
Blue, since neither have gotten their periods yet, I have ruled that out. I think we are coming up on a full moon however....
Cool! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to torture with household chores. Bwahahaaaa!
Best plan I've heard in a long time
My preschool director would tell you that this is not a good lesson as the consequences do not directly follow the action. I, however, think that since she gets to close the doors at the end of the day and you live with 4 kids day in and day out that you RoCK. It's fantastic.
ahh but pms syptoms can start long before the periods come. they will get moody for a few month then have cramps without the blood and then the big day. i think you can loosly date it on how old you were with your period.
my sister in law went thru seven months of crabbyness before my neice got hers. lol she got it christmas morning, it was funny except for the fact she had a horrible time from the cramps
Since I was almost 18 years old when I got mine then I am looking at a few years of crabbiness. Help.....
Good job on making Lemonade Pledge out of lemons.
ohhh that bites
offer them chocolate!
Post a Comment