All of my chickens are home to roost. Eldest chick spent the last 3 days relaxing and being pampered by her grandparents. Next eldest chick spent the last 3 days with her Aunt and the new baby. She cried part of the way home because she didn't want to leave. The two youngest chicks have spent the last 3 days happily building forts in the living room when they weren't trying to kill each other.
But all of my chicks are home, safe and sound, together again under our roof. And chaos reigns once again.
Right at this moment the eldest is trying to beat her brother with the couch pillow that he threw at her in the kitchen. Knocking bowls and plates off of the counter in the process. The youngest is on the pot yelling at me to come wipe her bottom. Which I refuse to do on general principle. She is almost five years old and is perfectly capable of wiping her own bottom. I know this for a fact. The second daughter is huddled on the couch, ducking flying furniture pieces as she complains to her Dad about missing her Aunt and cousin.
And me. Well, I am writing and turning a blind eye. And ear.
Oh, shit, have to run. My son is trying to break down a door to get at his sister. Glass tends to get broken when that happens. I may even wipe the little one's butt on the way through...
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Turning a Blind Eye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
dont wipe it dont wipe it. my seven year old still begs me to do it after anight at his grandparents house. i cant stand it!
as for the fighting, interveen if it looks like blood will be shed, other then that, turn the music louder
LOL! This made me chuckle! My parents used to send us to opposite ends of the house when we'd fight.
Peace,
~Chani (Thailand Gal)
Funny. I used to drive my parents nuts the same way, but now my kids do it to me. Paybacks - you gotta love 'em!
Sounds a lot like the house that I grew up in. My only child has nooooo idea what it's like to grow up with siblings. Too bad, really.
I relate like to you. I really do. Somedays it feels like the fighting will never end. You're happy to have them home, you wish they were gone. You want them grown up, but you want to hold them in your arms forever. You want to give them discipline, but you want to surprise them with that overstuffed pink pony. No wonder men can't understand us.
hahahahha. that was funny. I only have 2 but they fight like there is 4 of them. Lord have mercy!
Post a Comment