T-minus 14 hours until my relatives walk through the back door. The rug is clean and still looks fairly good. Note to self: Teach dog to wipe his feet at the back door. The refrigerator has been given a lick and a promise. No, not a real lick, the proverbial kind. I have been opening the door just to admire the glistening interior knowing that it will be back to its former state in a matter of days. The oven will not be cleaned. I decided that it was not that dirty. And miracle of miracles, my huge holiday shopping is done. All except for the bird which I pick up tomorrow morning.
Items left to complete:
- Sweep and wet mop downstairs
- Clean toilets and sinks
- Clean sheets on my bed for guests
- Find extra pillows
- dust downstairs
- Put away the piles of accumulated junk in my room
- Polish dinning room table
- remove rotten pumpkins from front steps
- Afternoon nap
The little one and I also have to go to Target or Walmart to buy a card table. The card table is key if we are going to play bridge in front of the fire.
So, I am off to start on my list. I am wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving. One of the things I plan to give thanks for is all of you.
Gobble, Gobble.


8 comments:
I'm so jealous that all my family is coming to see you except me and Sophia! Take lots of pics and post 'em, okay?
Much love! Happy Thanksgiving!
Oh good, someone else in this country still has pumpkins on thier front porch! Have fun today!!
And happy Tthanksgiving to you too my dear.
GOOD JOB on getting everything done. Pat yourself on the back. Can't wait to see the pics!
Can I come too? I'll bring my zoloft stuffing.
Congrats on getting it all done! Although if I were you, I'd bump "afternoon nap" up a little higher on the list....
Have a great Thanksgiving!!! BTW I'm glad I'm not the only one with moldy pumpkins on my porch- -thanks for the reminder. Off tot he trasht hey go. Aunt Judy would not approve of my "science experiments."
I give thanks for you too! I love reading about your life - you are an amazing woman. Happy T-day!!
Post a Comment