Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my 47th birthday.

My mother sent me an amazingly beautiful deep purple sweater that she knit for me with love. My baby girl made me 7 wonderful homemade watercolors, my boy made me a card and spelled every word correctly, my 12 year old made me a card with words that made me cry and my 14 year old is cooking my birthday dinner.

"What do you want for your birthday?"

Since I have everything I need and have very few wants my reply is always the same:

"Make me something with your hands. Those are always the best presents."

I am blessed....they all heard me.

5 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Happy Birthday!!!! :-)

Bluepaintred said...

happy (late) birthday OTM!

sounds like our day was just perfect!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

So sweet. Happy Birthday Ashley!

Andrea Frazer said...

What was your request for your lover. "Do something to me with your hands?"

but Momma said...

Oh! Happy Belated Birthday!!!