Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm a WHAT?

There has been a song playing on my local station by Tori Amos called Big Wheel. I hear it several times a day and for a while I have been wondering about a line in the song. She sings that she is a M.I.L.F.

I was clueless. As in, not a clue what a MILF is or was. Animal? Vegetable? Flower? Food?

So, I asked my friend. The lover of all things musical. He just laughed at me. In a nice way. And then he refused to tell me. And to add insult to injury, made me promise not to Google it. For Pete's sake! That is how you drive a curious woman insane.

The next day I was still clueless.

So I decided that I could figure it out for myself. If I can install a fluorescent light fixture, I could figure out MILF. Right? Here are some of my guesses:

Mauve Incandescent Light Fixture (I had light on my mind.)

Moldy Icky Lemon Fungus

Mild Innocent Little Fairies

Mellow In Large Floaty

Mean Irritable Lazy Frogs

No joy there. I was clearly still clueless.

But then. Then he told me I was one. I was a M.I.L.F.

That's when I put my foot down and demanded to be enlightened.

And he showed mercy and told me.

Ohhhhhhh.....that's cool.

It only took me about an hour to stop blushing.

(If you too are clueless, I direct you to the Urban Dictionary. Everyone but my Mom, that is.)

5 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

If you watched American Pie, you'd know what a Milf is. Highly recommend for date night - too hilarious.

but Momma said...

Yeah. I had to look it up too.

I think about all the things my kids will be saying in a couple of years and I will have no clue what they're talking about.

Anonymous said...

You know those soccer ball stickers you see on the back of minivans? They have them that say "MILF" hidden in the pattern. Don't you drive a minivan? :)

Anonymous said...

At least you are not a GILF yet!

Pollyanna said...

Yeah, this MILF stuff is tooo much. I didn't know it was in a Tori Amos song.....