Friday, June 22, 2007

A Few More Steps

This is sermon crunch weekend. Sunday morning I will either pull off a lovely, thought provoking worship service or I will crash and burn.

But the realization came to me today that where else would I choose to crash and burn? What other group of people would I risk so much for? Bare my soul to? Risk failing in front of other then my church community?

And if I am willing to fail then might it also be true that what I was attempting to give was a gift to my community? A gift of my thoughts, my personal journey? The sermon title is "Love is a Verb". Am I not acting with love towards the community that I love so well?

The other thought that has occurred to me today, as I have pulled my hair out and bemoaned my choice, was that I was giving a gift to myself. This process has been painful and not without self doubt and angst. But on the eve of my great endeavor I have begun to realize that I have grown through the process. I have traveled a few more small steps along the path of my own personal spiritual journey. Growth has occurred.

Thank you to all who have encouraged, supported and cheered me on. You know who you are.

4 comments:

but Momma said...

I hope you'll post it, you're a very thoughtful writer! I Know it's gonna be great!

Ashley Lasbury said...

All 20 minutes worth. That would be one lonnggg post! I will e-mail the draft to any interested party, however.

Mom Thumb said...

I would love to read it! I have seen your growth and change through your blog. You've come a long way, baby! Hey, you're a milf.

Andrea Frazer said...

How did it go?