Thursday, February 07, 2008

Road Trip

A long, long time ago...back in the late summer....my flover and I discussed going on a road trip. It started as a joke. A "wouldn't it be fun to go there and just play?" kinda joke.

In November we brought the subject up again. That was in the days of only seeing each other once a week for a few precious hours. The idea sounded so sublime that we made reservations at a local hotel in a moment of sheer lunacy. At that time I didn't give the dream a snowballs chance of becoming a reality. He would have to arrange with his ex to take his kids for the weekend. He would have to ask for time off from work. My ex would have to agree to take time off from his work. We would both need to find the money. It seemed as if there were far to many hurtles.

But some dreams do come true. Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we leave for this wonderful place. For 4 whole, glorious days.

I am soooooo excited.

1 comments:

Misty said...

how fun!!!! road trips are the best! i love them...