Monday, November 12, 2007

What the Cat Dragged In

Sunday evenings have taken on a special meaning for me over the course of the last year. It is the one night of the week that I am practically guaranteed to be with my flover*. And since late September they have become even more precious. My flover has taken a second job until the end of the year. He works third shift at Beans during the week in addition to his regular day job. This means that we can't talk on the phone in the evenings as he is asleep or see each other at all during the week. We had started to meet for lunch once a week but that too has ended since I started working last week. So Sunday nights are sacred.

Since Thursday I have been feeling poorly. My youngest still forgets and drinks out of my water glass by my bed. She had a little head cold last week and gave it to her Momma. I have been in denial for most of the week. If you are a mother you don't get sick days. You push on through even when you feel like crud. For example, Saturday was fall lawn clean up day. Even though my mother ordered me to bed I still helped the kids rake up 45 bags of leaves. Sunday during church I wanted to curl up on the pew and take a snooze. When my flover called at 5:30p and asked if I still wanted to have dinner with him I unwisely but eagerly agreed. After all, that time with him is the highlight of my week. I wasn't going to let a little ole head cold slow me down....I was home in bed by 8:30p with a headache so bad that I whimpered.

Today the kids were home from school and I stayed in bed. I told them to forage for food and comfort as best they could. They actually did a very good job of taking care of me. It appears that I have trained them well. That did not keep me from leaving my sick bed however. If I hadn't gotten the grocery shopping done today we would been living on ketchup and crackers for the week. So, at noon I rolled out of bed, ran my fingers through my hair, threw on the clothes from yesterday that were laying on my bedroom floor and climbed into the car. Man, was it bright out there today. It's a bad thing when you wince because the sunlight hurts your head. One of my stops was my flover's office. I needed to drop this off. Even though we were together for only a few hours we still managed to swap a far amount of spit.....I warned him.

*flover: friend and lover

1 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

I think you might be cold due to loss of other things missing. Ahem....