Friday, November 16, 2007

In Sync

Peace reigned over Casa de Banshee up until my 13 year old stormed into the house after school complaining bitterly about her father screaming on his cell phone for the entire drive from Freeport at which point she went upstairs and pulled her 5 year old sister bodily out of the bathroom where she had been playing peacefully in the sink where upon the 5 year old let out a long, high pitched blood curdling scream that made my 9 year old son cry because he had a blistering headache at which point the intrepid Momma raced up the stairs at Mach I with her hair on fire only to arrive just as the 13 year closed the door hard enough to have it bounce off of her 15 year old sister's head who had been trying to stick her head into the bathroom to inquire as to her younger sister's health and general welfare which caused her to start to cry and clutch her head in great pain as the perpetrator of the mayhem joined in the fun and started to loudly bemoan her fate while she gnashed her teeth and cursed her and our existences. All four of my children, crying at the same time.

I need a vacation.

7 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

Jexxx Chrxxx woman. Why do I even fxxxin bother? It only gets WORSE! I am going to have to delete you from my blog list if you don't come up with something more kitten and sweet like about the joys of children. Very. Soon. Got it?

Ashley Lasbury said...

Mama P., You want "kitten and sweet"? Are you nuts? Kitten and sweet is borrriinnggg and who wants to lead a boring life? Not I!

but Momma said...

I hope some Turkey, Dressing and lots of Pie followed your In Sync concert!

Love the new car!
Congrats on the new Job!
And and Flove Grand?!

Glad you're back. Hugs.

but Momma said...

That's Ain't.

Ain't Flove Grand....

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I know it's been awhile since you wrote this, but I'm just checkin in to make sure you didn't:
a. commit yourself to the happy hospital
b. sell your kids to the circus
c. run away with your flover and hope your kids formed their own Kid Nation on their own

Mom Thumb said...

Sounds like you do need a vacation. But I'm thinkin' right now you are probably snowed in?

Pollyanna said...

ah yes, the great and wonderous joys of childhood. And this is all their Dad's fault, you do know that don't you? :D