I was addicted to two wonderful things. One was a drug. The other a person. I am in withdrawal from both.
- I have finally quit smoking. Three years ago, after a nasty therapy session with my soon to be but not yet ex husband, I stopped at the first gas station I saw and bought myself a pack of smokes. I had not smoked in years and years. According to my sainted mother I needed the nicotine to help cope with the sadness and stress. She believed that I would quit when I was ready. For the last year I have tried everything I could think of to quit. Cold Turkey. Hot Turkey. Acupuncture. Therapy. Prayer. Gums. Mints. Patches. I would rip that patch off when the shit hit the fan and my stress level started to rise faster then you could say Lung Cancer. I had come to the conclusion that the only way for me to quit for good was to put me in a padded room with duct tape over my mouth....for a month. Guess what? I have not had a cigarette in two weeks. No kidding. I am off the nicotine. I went on that new drug and it actually worked. The psychical withdrawal is over. Unfortunately, the emotional withdrawal continues on a daily basis. I miss my friend.
- My flover* has taken a second, third shift job through the New Year. He needs to put his financial house in order and this was the best solution. For him. Please, believe me, I whole heartily support him. If the end result is a happier, more care free flover then I am all for it. Except. Expect IT SUCKS. And since this blog is all about me then I can bitch and complain without having to be supportive. You see, my flover, at some point along the line, became my fun. Two or three nights a week I could escape from my pressure cooker of a life and go to a place of peace, touch, tenderness and laughter. Not to mention the mind blowing sex. The sex seems minor now. Yes, I miss the sex. I miss the laughter more. The touch more. The tenderness much, much more. I am walking 3-4 miles a day in an effort to make myself so tired that I don't have the energy to miss my friend. And at what point did he become so important to me that I could pine for him like a love sick teenager? (and if even one of you writes in a comment that I am "in love" I will boycott your blog for a year) It was all well and good to start dating to have some fun but I am not prepared to do the flip side of that. This so sucks in such a big way. I am wallowing in self pity. Wallow. Wallow. Wallow. There....and I don't feel better. I miss my friend.
* Flover: a friend and lover.


7 comments:
I am sorry about the absence of your flover. What a crying shame. may the first of the year come swiftly.
I don't have a blog so you can't boycott me - but you sure as hell know what I'm thinking!
It's so hard not to gloat . . .
That's not fair. You can't write all that mushy-gushy stuff and then ban us from saying "your in love."
Well whatta know, look what I just wrote. Na nana na na!
New to your blog... was sucked in by your incredibly raw post. I appreciated that you called both instances addictions. (and loved the word flover... :) )
I hope the dawning of a new week inspires you with another thing which can encourage and serve as a wee distraction from your two addictions...
aloneness sucks.
Indeed "it" does, indeed ... and I'll say no more about "it" ... well, not right now. But we all know "it" does ...
Good stuff, momma.
I'm sorry. that is a bummer. (but yay on the quitting smoking!)
Ah, I'm sorry. I owe you an email.
Post a Comment