I have been a La Leche League Leader for, count 'em, 11 years. I scare my co-leaders by declaring that I will be a Leader when I am in a wheel chair. Our group used our local supermarket this week as a fund raising tool. All of the proceeds from bottle returns and spare change would go to our LLL group.
So there I was this morning, in the supermarket parking lot with 4 huge, heavy lawn bags filled with, primarily, wine bottles. Did I mention that they were heavy and huge? So huge that I had to use two carts. And my 4 year old had to help me push one of the carts across the busy lot into the store. Is that wrong?
As I am steering both of these cumbersome vehicles, I wondered if all of those bottles means that I have become a LUSH? As in," A sip for me and then one for the dinner....no, the wine is too precious to waste on the dinner... all for me!"
On further reflection, I realized that the tons of bottles had been in my garage for the past 18 months. Scott, my ex, or "parenting partner" as he prefers to be called, used to take care of the recycling.
Oh, YEAH!, I do not have a drinking problem. I just need a good man to do the scut work for me! Cheers.
Friday, April 28, 2006
Why I am not a Lush
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment