Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Beginning and an Ending

As he drove away she sat down hard on her back step and tried to catch her breath. She could feel the heat radiating off of her face and her body was speaking a language that was unfamiliar to her. He had kissed her good night. It had only been a simple kiss. One simple kiss. Yet that kiss had shaken her to her marrow. She thought she had understood desire and passion but she had been wrong. In the space of a hundred heartbeats so much had became clear. She thought she finally understood what all of those songs on the radio were about. Why the great operas and sonnets, the great works of literature and art had been created. In the space of a hundred heartbeats her life had been turned upside down. In her mind, she could hear her God, her own personal God, laughing with joy and love. Her God, a God of infinite love and wonder, had just bestowed a miracle. If one of the definitions of Miracle was an awakening then what had just happened was nothing short of miraculous. And was she ever awake. More awake then she had ever been in her long, well lived life. The kiss would cause her to question fundamental truths about herself and her past. It would lead to a year of exploration and rebirth. To a Renaissance Year.


It is time to put this blog to bed. It has served its purpose. For two years I have chronicled my journey though the blackness of the early years of divorce to my finally coming back into the light. The stories I have shared of raising my children while on this journey has helped me stay connected to the joy and humor that make life rich and soulful. It has served its purpose well but it is now time to move on. For almost 6 months I have been kicking around the idea of writing a book. I think I may have a book in me and it is itching to be born. I have a story to tell and it is time to tell it.

To all of you who have been with me on this journey, who have laughed with me, who have offered your words of wisdom and support, I thank you. You know where to find me if you want to connect. Know that I am still laughing and loving and living with gusto. Be Well, my friends.

Today is the anniversary of a kiss. An ending and a beginning.

Onetallmomma signing off.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Wow!
I was just linking you on one of my blogs.
But the blogging energy would drain off the book energy...Some people who do the NaNoWriMo use a blog as a way of archiving their writing (you could keep it private). Best of luck with the novel. See you soon!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Good luck to you Ashley. I've enjoyed your journey these last few years and I'll miss your adventures. Don't be a stranger!

(wow, 2 Jeffs in a row!)

but Momma said...

Oh, sorry to here you're signing off. But how exciting to be writing a book! I wish you all the best!

Love,
But Momma

Andrea Frazer said...

Best of luck, Ashley!