Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Disappearing Act

I have not been paying much attention to the little things lately. Somehow, in light of what is going on with my friend, they seem...well...trivial. Yet one little thing caught my eye yesterday. My template seems to be missing. You remember my template, don't you? The words One Tall Momma in big, bold script. Then in bold face type Never A Dull Moment. And those lovely graphics of the four phases of the moon.

I loved my template. It was me. Or it was me when I bought it from Denise at Moodswing Creations almost two years ago. When I finally noticed it was missing I clicked on the Moodswing link at the bottom of the page. That is still there. What I was directed to was a message that stated that Moodswing Creations had expired. Expired? As in, dead. Defunct. Kaput. Gone. I could not even find her blog. Nothing.

So here is my question. If she folded up shop, did she take my template with her? And can she do that? If I am just indulging in a conspiracy theory and she did not take back her template, then what the hell happened to it? I want my moons back. Now! I feel incomplete.

Help..........

4 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

If you paid for it, you own it. However, she was probably hosting your header image and you didn't even know it. If you had known, you could have copied it and saved it off and had someone else host it after she evaporated. Good luck with finding her.

Musings of a Housewife said...

That sucks. I have no clue. I used her for my first design. I wonder if it's still there.

Checking...

It's gone. I mean, the blog is there. But the design is gone. Wow. That really hurts. That was my very first original design.

I feel your pain.

But I had left it behind, and this was your current design. I know you aren't blogging regularly, so you probably don't want to pay for a new one either.

I'd be pretty pi$$ed if I were you. Sigh...

Cheyenne said...

Denise has been gone from the blogging world (of what we knew) a long time now. I liked reading her posts, too. She created my first template and when she did the disappearing act, I redid mine and removed the Moodswing button. She created mine free as I was one of her first 2 or 3 customers before she decided to sell them. I have no idea where she went, either. She may be blogging under a different name for all we know.

Anonymous said...

Denise designed one website for me. Her work was great and so I paid her to design a second one. Suddenly, she stopped returning my emails . She never refunded me the money that I sent her... not a good person in my books...