It snowed on Friday night. Five inches of lovely, fresh powder. My kids got home from church yesterday, changed into snow gear and disappeared into the back yard until dinner time.....6 hours later. This morning I looked out the window into the backyard and there was my 12 year old, in her bathrobe and slippers, making some design changes. It was 2 degrees.
Monday, February 05, 2007
A Proper Snow Fort
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
We looked out the window this evening
and guess who was standing on top of it? Our beloved little dog, Bodie. Fortunatly no damage was done. Such are the joys of winter!
Ah, a comment from your daughter. Now that just melts my heart. Even if it was made of snow, it would melt it. I'm a sucker now. Cute kids you have there.
Take back your Maine winter, puh-leeze!?!?! We've had enough here in Kentucky. And that New England guy that I'm married to wants you to have it all back, too. The prediction for tonight is 1-8" of the white stuff (talk about an unknown storm!). I'm fairly sure that I'll have to bribe Rob to use the snow blower so that Pickle can get in the garage when he gets home; the poor thing has to teach tonight. The only positive is that the crazies may be off the road by the time he heads home.
Oh, to be young and think that cold snow is fun to play in!
O how I love a good snow. We are still waiting for one here in Philly! Enjoy...
It's not fair. My kids haven't built a decent snow fort in 3 years. Wah!
Well, anything that keeps kids outside for 6 hours is a winner in my book! :) How cool, literally. I hope we get some snow this winter. Some winters we do some winters we don't...it's a crap shoot really.
Kids always have fun in the snow even if it does mean freezing there little tushies off...it's almost like they don't feel the cold or something.
We have tons of snow here, more than I've seen in a few years, more than I know what to do with (shovelling is getting very difficult with no place to put the darn stuff), but it's just way to cold(-30 C) to even think about going outside to play.
Oh I wish it snowed like that here. We have gotten so much this year but it is so powdery. It never stick together. No snowballs, or snowmen, or forts and caves. I miss Maine...
I want to talk to you about the cigs. I've missed your blogs for, oh months, and just read about the cigs. Would you like some advice? From someone who's been there, done that and succeeded? I'll check back in a couple days and see if you're interested (or not). Time is precious and if you really don't want to hear it -- that's fine. Let me know here. Chao
anonymous, any wisdom you can throw my way would be appreciated.
Okay. About cigs. They are NOT our friends. They hate us. They run our lives with the addiction, spend our money we don't really have to spend (or would even THINK to put into a piggy bank, yet we spend it on cigs), they make us STINK and everything they are around ends up stinking. We look stupid smoking them because nowadays we all KNOW how and why they ruin our health. Oh. And about our health? Well it does look stupid to publicly be doing something so detrimental (sp) to our health -- VOLUNTARILY!! Because the fact of the matter is that no one -- NO ONE -- MAKES US smoke a single one. Best idea I ever had? "Turn your back and walk away. Never look back." I did that over nineteen years ago (after a 23 year love affair with cigs -- smoking every single day of every single one of those precious years). I turned my back, felt like shit for ten days (pretending I had the flu so my brain would not go crazy) and then miracle of miracles -- walked one-day-at-a-time away from them. Away from the addicition that had run my life nearly a quarter of a century of my beautiful life. Just turn your back and walk. Walk strong. Walk steady. Walk it one day at a time and never look back. That, my dear cyber-friend, is the best advice you'll ever receive. You strike me as a strong woman. It takes one to know one. So I'm tellin' ya. Walk. Don't run. Just walk. Today. Tomorrow. The next tomorrow, and the day after. And so on and so on. You will absolutely never regret it. Peace.
Post a Comment